More Heartbreak for Richlands Community

Unchained

Very saddened to hear of the passing of Devon Johnson. Him and my eldest son were good friends,so it has hit hard here as well. He was a tremendous football player and a good guy. Please lift his family,friends,and this community up in your prayers tonight and the days to come. He will be profoundly missed:(

Wow. Shocked and very saddened to hear this. What a treat it was to watch him play at Richlands and then at Marshall. He really took advantage of the opportunity there when it came his way and made the most of it. 

13 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

Get the **** out of here with that BS man. Just shut up. You don't know a damn thing that happened. Classless asshole. 

There's a real family out there that is grieving hard right now. There's friends and teammates that don't know what to think now that their brother and classmate is gone. And the LAST thing on this planet that they need is YOU coming on here with your BS Richlands hatred speculating on what happened. 

I wish I could say I can't believe you would do that, but sadly, this is right in your wheelhouse. 

Hey buddy. I try to stay off of forums on here because of lunacy like this. However, this is pretty terrible. In all honesty, it is in the top two worst posts I have ever seen on here. Maybe it is because I had a connection with Devon. That guy was my friend. We grew up together. We played together. He was one of the nicest guys in the world. Tonight, a son is gone. A mother, brothers, nieces, nephews and many other extended family members and friends are heartbroken. 25 years old and gone way too soon. Who gives a damn how he passed away? He represented our area in a fine light. I think anyone on this board will admit that. That was my boy. I don't appreciate your ignorance. 

What kind of BS answer is this???  Shows what kind of person you really are.  Hope they delete you from this forum!! Where is your compassion for this family and everyone who knew Devin.  I don't care what happened, and it doesn't matter.  The family needs our prayers and compassion at this terrible time, not your condemning remarks. 

8 hours ago, FootballFan67 said:

Thoughts and prayers for Devon's family, friends, former teammates, and former coaches from Richlands and Marshall. 25 is way too young. 

& the Big Creek/War,WV community too. Even though he finished his career up at Richlands the people in southern McDowell County loved Devon and was overly proud of all he accomplished.

2 hours ago, Bulldogs52 said:

This is absolutely ridiculous to say. Please stop. And for everyone on this forum, please know that this guy speaks for himself and not for Tazewell as a whole. From here on out, your post should be taken with a grain of salt. You cant back track from that. It was wrong and you know it.

I only got to see Devon play once and you could see he was going to do something special. We have had tons of good players and a lot of great players. He was one of the great ones. And I'm glad he was able to switch positions at Marshall. Had his injury history been better, we would be watching him suit up for the Panthers.