1st Round Playoff Updates (11-9-10/18)

tbgfan

14 hours ago, Westisthebest said:

More like Grayson losing. I call it like I see it

UHHH...I thought that was the way it worked...the team with the least points lose !!!  Don't think you get bonus points for winning pretty or losing pretty.

A team can cross the goal line ugly...settle for a measly FG and gosh dang it even get their uniform nasty ...phew... look absolutely yucky after a game...but those Richlands kids...  who, BTW have had an emotional couple of weeks,  totally outside the realm of a sports game, did what they had to do and came out with a W.  Congrats, to Grayson on a hard fought game...

ESPNradio941 @ESPNradio941

Class 1 Region A - FINALS
#8 Washington & Lee 42 #1 Franklin 19
#6 West Point 39 #3 Rappahannock 7
#4 Essex 46 #5 Northampton 26

Class 2 Region A - FINALS
#1 Goochland 26 #8 Brunswick 8
#2 Amelia County 46 #7 Arcadia 0
#3 Poquoson 44 #6 Nottoway 6
#4 King William 35 #5 Greensville 0

Tim Hayes Retweeted
 EASTENSPREG @EASTENSPREG
In tonight's second round of high school football playoffs: David Crockett improves to 12-0 with 32-0 win over Tennessee High @DC_Pioneers @pioneerslive

great state

Matthew Hatfield @hatfieldsports

Matthew Hatfield Retweeted Timesland

There will be a new State Champion in Class 4 for the first time since 2014. Quest for a four-peat ends for the Spartans, who had won 13 straight playoff games since their 41-16 loss to Lake Taylor at Liberty University in that '14 title game.

Jefferson Forest 35  Salem 33 FINAL  Region 4D qtr. finals

great state

30 minutes ago, trublue said:

UHHH...I thought that was the way it worked...the team with the least points lose !!!  Don't think you get bonus points for winning pretty or losing pretty.

A team can cross the goal line ugly...settle for a measly FG and gosh dang it even get their uniform nasty ...phew... look absolutely yucky after a game...but those Richlands kids...  who, BTW have had an emotional couple of weeks totally outside the realm of a sports game, did what they had to do and came out with a W.  Congrats, to Grayson on a hard fought game...

I apologize if im coming off arrogant or whatever. I understand the game plan with mance when we got up on them and i know Horn is still banged up. But remember when he did that against appo? Im just saying i didnt like the play calling. And i see it coming, why dont i coach? Cuz im not a coach and never will be. At least not a football coach but i know the game. Would love to give it a try for a half a season just for fun but it would be ugly. I mean its a message Board so we can talk about the games. It doesnt always have to be positive. I just speak what i thinks the truth. Everything was at the line of scrimmage and makes it easier to defend. I just call it like i see it. Yes we won no matter if it was ugly and i know those kids had heavy hearts tonight. RIP Devon.

36 minutes ago, GMan said:

They've done stuff like that a couple of times this season.

MV took 28-14 lead with 1:11 remaining.  After kickoff, RC fumbled at their own 6 yard line and MV recovered. MV took over with :56 and I thought they would simply take the knee for a couple of plays and allow the time to expire. However, two plays later MV scored another TD.

Personally, I was very disappointed with the late score.

Good hard nosed game ....neither team performed well offensively but both teams played hard on defensive side......Grayson made many uncharacteristic mistakes....some of that had to do with Richland defense.  Hard fought game.....Grayson pretty limited offensively.  Richlands was better team tonight regardless of stats

1 hour ago, trublue said:

Class 1 Region A - FINALS
#8 Washington & Lee 42 #1 Franklin 19
#6 West Point 39 #3 Rappahannock 7
#4 Essex 46 #5 Northampton 26

Class 2 Region A - FINALS
#1 Goochland 26 #8 Brunswick 8
#2 Amelia County 46 #7 Arcadia 0
#3 Poquoson 44 #6 Nottoway 6
#4 King William 35 #5 Greensville 0

Tim Hayes Retweeted
 EASTENSPREG @EASTENSPREG
In tonight's second round of high school football playoffs: David Crockett improves to 12-0 with 32-0 win over Tennessee High @DC_Pioneers @pioneerslive

great state

Holy crap, what happened in Region 1A???  Upset city. And it wasn’t even close games. Wonder how the 2v7 game will shake out.   Can honestly say I’ve never seen a bracket get that messed up in the first round. I’m sure it has. I’ve  just never noticed it. Wow. Just wow. Nice work underdogs!

40 minutes ago, VHSLhelper said:

When did they take a 21-14 lead and what happened next is my question

ritchie county then threw an interception on the next drive and MV returned it to the 25ish. They scored a couple plays later.