1st Round Playoff Updates (11-9-10/18)

tbgfan

3 hours ago, trublue said:

Quoted sixcat but the system locked up and kicked me out ...re the following is expanding on my prior quote with sixcat…

Would add Tim Hayes, BHC,  also, outstanding in his field. On game night he is always hunting down scores from different sources, details and facts, he is an excellent sportswriter.   Gregory for BHC  is a good writer  but with a different role .(Sacco, formerly with the BHC,  also a good writer, a tad quirky  🙂 but did a good job.)  Nate, BHC is the TN coverage guy.  Brady Hess, former Richlands FB player and new VT grad, IMO is an 'up and comer' in the field. 

Brian Woodson, BDT, is doing a good job...but being a 'one man show' kinda makes it hard to cover a lot of ground.  The Kingsports TN sports crew...does a great job of hunting down scores. 

Thanks to all the sportswriters etc. who keep us informed and 'entertained'.

I miss George Thwaites covering SWVA sports for the KTN.  

An exciting game at the end...

Rick Kozlowski @jusbekoz 

What a #wvprepfb game Hedgesville and Parkersburg South just played.
Hedgesville goes ahead with 1:57 left.
Parkersburg South scores with 19 seconds left and converts two-point conversion.
Hedgesville returns ensuing kickoff.
Final: Hedgesville 35, Parkersburg South 29.

Jeff @JeffdBrannon
Bluefield will host Keyser next week in the Quarterfinal round. #wvprepfb

6 minutes ago, trublue said:

An exciting game at the end...

Rick Kozlowski @jusbekoz 

What a #wvprepfb game Hedgesville and Parkersburg South just played.
Hedgesville goes ahead with 1:57 left.
Parkersburg South scores with 19 seconds left and converts two-point conversion.
Hedgesville returns ensuing kickoff.
Final: Hedgesville 35, Parkersburg South 29.

Jeff @JeffdBrannon
Bluefield will host Keyser next week in the Quarterfinal round. #wvprepfb

Wow. That’s a fun game!

9 hours ago, trublue said:

Quoted sixcat but the system locked up and kicked me out ...re the following is expanding on my prior quote with sixcat…

Would add Tim Hayes, BHC,  also, outstanding in his field. On game night he is always hunting down scores from different sources, details and facts, he is an excellent sportswriter.   Gregory for BHC  is a good writer  but with a different role .(Sacco, formerly with the BHC,  also a good writer, a tad quirky  🙂 but did a good job.)  Nate, BHC is the TN coverage guy.  Brady Hess, former Richlands FB player and new VT grad, IMO is an 'up and comer' in the field. 

Brian Woodson, BDT, is doing a good job...but being a 'one man show' kinda makes it hard to cover a lot of ground.  The Kingsports TN sports crew...does a great job of hunting down scores. 

Our local sports journalists produce excellent material and are grossly under-compensated. Jerry Orr (Smyth County News) was the quintessential small-town sports writer/editor.  That was until the heartless folks at Berkshire Hathaway Media decided to eliminate his position after 35 years of service.  He had worked for the paper since his 1983 E&H College internship.  His wife, Cindy Burkett (former Rich Valley and E&H star), volunteered countless hours for the paper as a sports photographer.  

21 hours ago, trublue said:

My preference for Craig’s commentary isn’t diminishing anyone else. It’s simply stating my preference.

3 hours ago, sixcat said:

My preference for Craig’s commentary isn’t diminishing anyone else. It’s simply stating my preference.

Exactly as agreed in the original post.  Of course, my familiarity of him is strictly through his tweets re: sports.  I'm not familiar with his writings but no doubt he's highly respected.  I've followed his 'great state' tweets through the years  and would be laughing my head off with his subtle humor, also, warming was his love for 'little unit' on display. 

Since I had commented on him , I thought I should mention others who are also great resources for me in pulling/posting scores, etc., thus my expanding the list. 

Now on to the following:  Thank you to ALL who have served...we enjoy what we have because of your sacrifice and heroics!!!

J-99 Sports Retweeted

UnionLadyBearsBB @unionladybears 

Thank you!

DruohmXW4AAYvRp.jpg :