Graham vs Union

Gridiron60

Game location is the factor. Bears by a score. Gmen struggles at the Park continue. Bears are being overlooked I think due to losses to solid teams. Should be a good one. Look for Union to ground and pound to limit Graham’s TOP. Good luck to both teams and may they both come out injury free. 

For Union to win, Something drastically has to change with the offense. If Union gets down they do not have the high powered offense to get back in games quick! If the Bears can limit Allen and Lester and make Graham beat them another way it could be a good ball game!!!!

I'm not good at predictions so I'll just leave that open for everyone else to do!!!

This will definitely be a good game. Graham will have to come ready to play and eliminate some of the mistakes they had today. Graham's defense is much improved. They seem to be clicking as a unit. I'm not the best at predictions either but I sure hope we win. We need all the fans we can get to get behind this team. Sometimes I feel like I'm at a PGA Tour event. On a side note. Mike Horton, coach for Graham, is one hell of a motivator. If those kids wouldn't run through a brick wall after hearing him then nothing will motivate them. He reminds me of Scott Cochran from Bama.

Go Graham!

Personally I hope for a Union win but with that said the offense has went in the wrong direction the last 4 games unless coach Turner is just not wanting to show his hand and by keeping his playcalling close to the vest this game could get ugly quick. Graham has revenge on its mind and Union is playing the underdog card. So I'm saying Union scores late then holds onto win 28 Graham 24. 

2 minutes ago, Union's hammer said:

Personally I hope for a Union win but with that said the offense has went in the wrong direction the last 4 games unless coach Turner is just not wanting to show his hand and by keeping his playcalling close to the vest this game could get ugly quick. Graham has revenge on its mind and Union is playing the underdog card. So I'm saying Union scores late then holds onto win 28 Graham 24. 

I have only seen Union once and I  wasn't awed by what I saw. Graham will win this game -maybe big.IMHO

23 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Graham has a mental block against Union, but Graham is flat out the better team right now.  Interesting to see if the mental will overcome the physical.

Agree, it's going to be mental vs physical for Graham. Hopefully, coaches will get them in the right mindset to prevent a three peat. Nothing is a given in playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, ojrussell said:

I have only seen Union once and I  wasn't awed by what I saw. Graham will win this game -maybe big.IMHO

That's what I'm saying but if the Union team that played against Morristown West shows up then it will be a game. I compare Graham to West with all that speed and spreading you out on offense. But we shall see next Saturday say around 3 that's when it should be about middle of the 2nd qtr.

For Union to have any sort of a chance at all they have to be the much, much, much more physical team. They can’t beat Graham to the corner. They can’t pass it on Graham whatsoever. They have to line it up, run at graham, and somehow, someway make it work. I love union football. I’ll  be there all night Friday night for the campout. But I don’t see it ending well. Graham by 3 TDS. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Will it be a three-peat for the Bears? Will Graham come out on top this time? Determining factors as you all see it? 

No. Yes. And Union's inability to mix up play calling. 

The Bears have potential, but the mental block in the passing game is severely limiting their offense and putting a lot of pressure on a defense that has too many kids going both ways. 

Graham wins easily if the Bear's offense doesn't play any better than the last 3 weeks.

And it would technically be a 4-peat, '12, '15, '17, ? 😉

16 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

No. Yes. And Union's inability to mix up play calling. 

The Bears have potential, but the mental block in the passing game is severely limiting their offense and putting a lot of pressure on a defense that has too many kids going both ways. 

Graham wins easily if the Bear's offense doesn't play any better than the last 3 weeks.

And it would technically be a 4-peat, '12, '15, '17, ? 😉

I stand corrected, a four peat if Union wins. Maybe I have a "mental" block , blacking out last year's trouncing, lol. Graham is much improved this year, especially second half of season. 

IMO the Union OL has to show up big. Ground and pound keep away and finish. I'm really impressed with how hard Guerrant is running right now. I'd work him like a government mule next week. Union will not be able to win a shootout with the G Men. The mules will have to outwork the horses no doubt.

15 minutes ago, Unchained said:

IMO the Union OL has to show up big. Ground and pound keep away and finish. I'm really impressed with how hard Guerrant is running right now. I'd work him like a government mule next week. Union will not be able to win a shootout with the G Men. The mules will have to outwork the horses no doubt.

My honest opinion having seen both teams multiple times, Graham is better than abingdon.... 42-21 Graham

20 minutes ago, Unchained said:

I've said Guerrant needs more touches since Va High. He's a beast with the ball in his hands. 

30 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I stand corrected, a four peat if Union wins. Maybe I have a "mental" block , blacking out last year's trouncing, lol. Graham is much improved this year, especially second half of season. 

The only way we beat you guys is to play keep away and score on long, time consuming drives. Otherwise, we may be on the receiving end of a trouncing.

2 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

The only way we beat you guys is to play keep away and score on long, time consuming drives. Otherwise, we may be on the receiving end of a trouncing.

I think y'all might be downplaying your boys a little, lol. I hope for a good, fair, injury free game for both teams! Good luck to Bears but I'll be cheering on GMen! 

6 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I think y'all might be downplaying your boys a little, lol. I hope for a good, fair, injury free game for both teams! Good luck to Bears but I'll be cheering on GMen! 

Just trying to keep it real, but I don't mind being wrong, Haha. Good luck to the GMen! Hoping for a competitive and injury free game.

Union doesn’t have anyone fast enough to keep up with Graham. Jenkins is fast, but Graham has 5 Jenkins’ on that offense. 

Graham will have to shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly and Union play keep away and score on all possessions to win this one. 

Graham has the advantage in all phases of the game except one and that is the mental aspect of the contest. Graham had all the talent last year and was blown out because in the biggest game of the season they came undone now i know this is a different year so we will wait and see what happens if the G-men come in with there head on straight its a 2 TD win for Graham. If they show up and are the same Graham that tends to show up in these games ill go 2 TDs the other way.

1 hour ago, Rhschamps04 said:

Graham has the advantage in all phases of the game except one and that is the mental aspect of the contest. Graham had all the talent last year and was blown out because in the biggest game of the season they came undone now i know this is a different year so we will wait and see what happens if the G-men come in with there head on straight its a 2 TD win for Graham. If they show up and are the same Graham that tends to show up in these games ill go 2 TDs the other way.

The game plan sucked last year for Graham for one.  For another, Union was pretty good also.