Graham vs Union

Gridiron60

Guest Graham WVU

Really not trying to be biased here, but definitely see Graham winning regardless by a long shot. If they play like usual it will be a blow out. But if not they still win by 2 or 3 TD. They will not be tested till semi finals or finals, been saying this since pre-season.

4 minutes ago, G-men said:

Really not trying to be biased here, but definitely see Graham winning regardless by a long shot. If they play like usual it will be a blow out. But if not they still win by 2 or 3 TD. They will not be tested till semi finals or finals, been saying this since pre-season.

You don’t think going to Ridgeview would be a test? Genuinely asking.

Guest Graham WVU

Honestly no. Went to the Abingdon game and RV did not impress me none. that was first game that they have been tested by all season and there next will be this week with richlands, I put those 2 on the same level.

2 minutes ago, G-men said:

Honestly no. Went to the Abingdon game and RV did not impress me none. that was first game that they have been tested by all season and there next will be this week with richlands, I put those 2 on the same level.

I honestly think RV is quite a bit better than Richlands. Just basing that off of what I saw when each team played Union. I was at the Abingdon/RV game aswell and I don’t think they played as bad as you think. If/when RV and Graham play it may be the 2nd time all year when the best player on the field isn’t wearing a G on their helmet. I’m not trying to hate on Graham because I expect them to win fairly easily this Saturday. Just discussing the possible region D title Game. 

Guest Graham WVU
Just now, G-men said:

Would not be suprised to see richlands pull  out with this one. But would love to go down to ridgeview and see Graham and Ridgeview match up and see there facilities. Heard it is very nice

Guest Graham WVU
Just now, Unionguy_2017 said:

I honestly thing RV is quite a bit better than Richlands. Just basing that off of what I saw when each team played Union. I was at the Abingdon/RV game aswell and I don’t think they played as bad as you think. If/when RV and Graham play it may be the 2nd time all year when the best player on the field isn’t wearing a G on their helmet. I’m not trying to hate on Graham because I expect them to win fairly easily this Saturday. Just discussing the possible region D title Game. 

You are possibly right on that being region D title game but after watching them play there wasnt one i would take over our starting 11. Thats on both sides. our best 5 is better than RV best player by long shot and not a single one is on same level as Cam Allen and Devin Lester.

48 minutes ago, G-men said:

You are possibly right on that being region D title game but after watching them play there wasnt one i would take over our starting 11. Thats on both sides. our best 5 is better than RV best player by long shot and not a single one is on same level as Cam Allen and Devin Lester.

I wouldn’t say that Adkins isn’t on the same level as Allen or Lester. Although those 3 are on a different level than probably anyone else in region D. 

I veered this thread off subject so let me get it back on path. I give Union a chance just because the game is at home. However, Union doesn’t have anywhere near the skill position play that is required to win this game. The only Skill players (QB, Wr, Rb, Cb) thAt Union has to match up are Jenkins and Falin. Jenkins due to his speed and Falin because he has made some plays on the outside this year. However, it will not be nearly enough I’m afraid. Not without the other pieces.

14 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

I wouldn’t say that Adkins isn’t on the same level as Allen or Lester. Although those 3 are on a different level than probably anyone else in region D. 

I veered this thread of subject so let me get it back on path. I give Union a chance just because the game is at home. However, Union doesn’t have anywhere near the skill position play that is required to win this game. The only Skill players (QB, Wr, Rb, Cb) thAt Union has to match up are Jenkins and Falin. Jenkins due to his speed and Falin because he has made some plays on the outside this year. However, it will not be nearly enough I’m afraid. Not without the other pieces.

I think a lot depends on Graham's mental preparation. No game is ever a given. Union has a strong consistent football program. Physically,  Graham may be better but mental mistakes can cost a team a game. If they can get Union out of their head like they did with Richlands, then they'll make it a game. They made some sloppy mistakes against VA High but overcame them to win handily. I look forward to good competitive  game on Saturday.  

1 minute ago, Bigdog said:

Man the union crowd doesn’t think much of their team. What’s going on over there? 

When we’re good like last year, we’ll tell you about it. When we have clear weaknesses like this year when there are simple things we could do to fix but refuse to, we will tell you about it. 

1 minute ago, Bigdog said:

Man the union crowd doesn’t think much of their team. What’s going on over there? 

I think they're using reverse psychology 😂 ! They'll pack out that stadium! Graham fans don't travel much but hoping they can pack visitors' side. 

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

I think they're using reverse psychology 😂 ! They'll pack out that stadium! Graham fans don't travel much but hoping they can pack visitors' side. 

I think you are correct.  I’ve seen them twice and they have some monsters.  

Guest Graham WVU
3 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Graham travels almost as well as anyone i know in this area?

22 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Will it be a three-peat for the Bears? Will Graham come out on top this time? Determining factors as you all see it? 

Graham is much improved as far as being more disciplined and defense has really stepped up since first few games. Union may not be as good as last year but they are still Union and it's the playoffs, anything can happen.  

I have heard how Sorry Union is , how Graham is going to score whenever they want , I guess by halftime the cheerleaders will be playing. I call bullsh&@ , Union has won 9 games this year, no one has given us nothing, I heard the same line last year “there is no way a one dimensional team like Union will beat Graham” well they did. This is a different team with many many new faces. Does Graham have a great team????, at the first of the year we heard how bad they were. by their fans.  

We have a tough game but everyone knew that the championship for D would have Graham envolved . So let’s Quit bitching about the fact we don’t run the spread and throw every down , we areUnion and we run the Rock, we will hit you in the mouth, and we have faced MW of Tennessee and they threw a lot (thank God for those penalties)My point is this , this team reminds me so much of the 1982 Powell Valley championship team , full of no names , no superstars, just kids going to work everyday , and yes these kids have seen this board because I have spoken to several

3 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

I have heard how Sorry Union is , how Graham is going to score whenever they want , I guess by halftime the cheerleaders will be playing. I call bullsh&@ , Union has won 9 games this year, no one has given us nothing, I heard the same line last year “there is no way a one dimensional team like Union will beat Graham” well they did. This is a different team with many many new faces. Does Graham have a great team????, at the first of the year we heard how bad they were. by their fans.  

We have a tough game but everyone knew that the championship for D would have Graham envolved . So let’s Quit bitching about the fact we don’t run the spread and throw every down , we areUnion and we run the Rock, we will hit you in the mouth, and we have faced MW of Tennessee and they threw a lot (thank God for those penalties)My point is this , this team reminds me so much of the 1982 Powell Valley championship team , full of no names , no superstars, just kids going to work everyday , and yes these kids have seen this board because I have spoken to several

Nobody is bitching. I support this team like few people do. I’m just calling the game the way I see it. I’ll be there the night before with about 5 or 6 of the biggest Union fans that there is. All I’m doing is saying it will be an uphill battle. Yes, in 2016 we went to Appomattox and tried to pound the rock. 43-0. It didn’t matter. This notion of “if we run it we can win” isn’t the case when you are going against talented teams. Union will have to line up in the T and run it, yes. However, Union is going to have to sprinkle in some passing, which they haven’t done consistently all year.Nobody is asking for the spread, T bone, single wing, or anything else you want to come up with. I love the T, but on 3rd and 8+ it won’t cut it against a good defense. I hope I’m wrong. I would love to be wrong. And im not trying to question your credibility because I know you are also one of the biggest Union fans out there. Just differing opinions this week. 

13 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Does James have another year of eligibility?

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Hope you're correct but wasn't much of a home crowd yesterday. Guess we can chalk that up to cold temps. 

I drove 3 and a half hours to watch the  g men play unfortunately my wife works this coming weekend and cannot be there

16 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

That's why you play the game fellers. If you went by this board, Union should just forfeit. I'm sure the kids are tired of hearing how they are going to get smoked. I sincerely hope that it places a huge chip on their shoulders. ROLL BEARS ROLL!

22 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Graham did have some problems earlier in year, very undisciplined. They are much improved and working better as a single unit. They cannot take win for granted and need to be in right frame of mind. I'm a realist, anything can happen in playoffs. Union has beat them three times in playoffs, I'd say they're more than capable of doing it four times.  I hope it's a good, fair, competitive game with no injuries for either side. I've said I'll cheer on whomever wins our region and I will whether it's  Graham, Union, Richlands, or Ridgeview. 

7 minutes ago, Unchained said:

That's why you play the game fellers. If you went by this board, Union should just forfeit. I'm sure the kids are tired of hearing how they are going to get smoked. I sincerely hope that it places a huge chip on their shoulders. ROLL BEARS ROLL!

Truth is we are just a bunch of know-it-alls pontificating. The team that plays hardest and smartest wins. I'm 100% sure, it will be either Union or Graham! 😂 With that said, ROLL GMEN ROLL! Good luck to both!