Graham vs Union

Gridiron60

Union should be a Very different team next year, there are 2 young gunslingers in the 9th grade this year , I expect Andy Jones to be the real deal if some receivers can be found with speed. We will run the spread , and our normal offense . We have had good results without much of passing game, to tell you the truth I expected more passing this year after Bailey return. I hope we give you Graham guys a better game next year, seems like we meet every year in the playoffs , what week do we play in the regular season next year and where at? Good luck and please win state for the D 

11 minutes ago, jarhead24219 said:

Union should be a Very different team next year, there are 2 young gunslingers in the 9th grade this year , I expect Andy Jones to be the real deal if some receivers can be found with speed. We will run the spread , and our normal offense . We have had good results without much of passing game, to tell you the truth I expected more passing this year after Bailey return. I hope we give you Graham guys a better game next year, seems like we meet every year in the playoffs , what week do we play in the regular season next year and where at? Good luck and please win state for the D 

Not sure of date but was thinking I heard y'all come to Graham first but could be wrong. 

And I think Union may surprise people next season. The offense will be totally different but there is talent there. I'm excited to see what kids like CJ Jones can do with a year of experience and Jones is super talented. But losing players like Avery, Falin, Bailey, Bunch, etc... Will be hard to replace. 

23 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Who said I was complaining? I enjoy the back and forth as long as it's not mean spirited. I thought the Union video was dumb, but it's no big deal. I hope Graham is focused on Richlands tho and not t-shirts or memes haha

I doubt the coaches will have those boys focused on memes and t-shirts. I think Graham realizes more than anyone nothing is a given in playoffs and they have to play their best every game and finish strong. I think the boys are hungry to win and the defense on fire but know they have to play hard and smart even if they trounched Richlands in the regular season. That game means nothing now.  I really like the chemistry of coaching staff and kids especially as season has progressed. One game at a time though. 

4 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I doubt the coaches will have those boys focused on memes and t-shirts. I think Graham realizes more than anyone nothing is a given in playoffs and they have to play their best every game and finish strong. I think the boys are hungry to win and the defense on fire but know they have to play hard and smart even if they trounched Richlands in the regular season. That game means nothing now.  I really like the chemistry of coaching staff and kids especially as season has progressed. One game at a time though. 

Cam is just incredible. He has gotten so much better this year. Reed is a LOAD to tackle and Lester is a do it all guy. Who is 33, the LB? He was great too

8 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Cam is just incredible. He has gotten so much better this year. Reed is a LOAD to tackle and Lester is a do it all guy. Who is 33, the LB? He was great too

#33 is a transfer from Princeton. He's phenomenal & great motivator. I'm just so impressed how much they've all improved as the season progressed. They overcame a lot of discipline issues they were having during games.  I give coaches lots of credit and kids too. Thanks for all the kind words. I want it so bad for them. They've worked hard. 

1 hour ago, BigWinners said:

Who said I was complaining? I enjoy the back and forth as long as it's not mean spirited. I thought the Union video was dumb, but it's no big deal. I hope Graham is focused on Richlands tho and not t-shirts or memes haha

I hope they're focused on t-shirts and memes, personally.

8 hours ago, BigWinners said:

And I think Union may surprise people next season. The offense will be totally different but there is talent there. I'm excited to see what kids like CJ Jones can do with a year of experience and Jones is super talented. But losing players like Avery, Falin, Bailey, Bunch, etc... Will be hard to replace. 

Thanks for shoutout for old #44👍🙏

4 hours ago, Gunz9 said:

The “Union High Bear Den” Facebook page only congratulated Richlands on their win.  Seems their is a lot of animosity toward Graham after getting beat.

Here is you one Congrats, if we played you guys 10 times this year we would go 0-10, just too much speed for us to many athletes, we had 4/5 covered and the 5th one would get free. Good luck and bring home a trophy back to our region

38 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

some don't like humble pie, congrats and good luck

Probably true for some but Union folks on this forum are good sports and have been complimentary of Graham and they way they played Saturday. Graham needed to prove something Saturday and they did. Much respect for the Union fans who recognize Graham's efforts. Every school has those few bad apples so to speak even us. I didn't realize many people still cared about FB, too much drama IMO. 

On 11/18/2018 at 10:34 PM, BigWinners said:

Defense should be good next year with some returnees but I think next year unfortunately will be a down year not because of talent but because we'll be very young.  Look to see a lot of sophomores in the staring lineup.

13 minutes ago, goose111874 said:

Defense should be good next year with some returnees but I think next year unfortunately will be a down year not because of talent but because we'll be very young.  Look to see a lot of sophomores in the staring lineup.

They are very young and there will be moments where the youth shows. There will also be some moments that make you go “wow.” Andy Jones at QB can straight up sling it. Reminds me a lot of John Luke Asbury from Richlands. The backfield will be very, very strong aswell. 

1 hour ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

They are very young and there will be moments where the youth shows. There will also be some moments that make you go “wow.” Andy Jones at QB can straight up sling it. Reminds me a lot of John Luke Asbury from Richlands. The backfield will be very, very strong aswell. 

I hope the team as a hole does other sports/and other types of training in the off season...I know this week I got old #44 pulling a couple motors & transmissions this week...That's what I call HOMEMADE weight lifting..we been doing it for many years💪👍🏈

1 hour ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

What about the line? I'm hearing it will be a little small.

12 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

What about the line? I'm hearing it will be a little small.

From what I’ve seen it will be your typical union line. Nothing incredibly huge, but can hold its own. Trevor Wagner will be back along with Carson Ray. I may be missing another but I don’t think so. The JV line played very well this year. Take that for what it’s worth. 

13 minutes ago, bigunionfan_ said:

I heard that Tanner Jervis and Ethan Mabe are going to be forces to be reckoned with on the defensive side of the ball next year.

Welcome to the board! And hope you're right. Jervis did really well this year.