Regional semifinal updates (Playoffs week 2)

swva_havok_fan

1 hour ago, Bigtom said:

I went to this game well.....Because we got eliminated last week

Here are my takeaways

1-  Fire the O and D cord  didn't they learn from Abingdon game a 3 man front don't work

2- Adkins cant hold on to the ball

3- O calls are confusing at best

4- Stick with what got you there-Run Game.  It was very effective why try stupid pass plays when the QB is marginal at best.  You have prob the best O Line in the region, use them

Exactly on #3...why call a pass play when its 4th and less than 1 yard to go when u have 2 good running backs?  

40 minutes ago, 2000wave said:

Exactly on #3...why call a pass play when its 4th and less than 1 yard to go when u have 2 good running backs?  

Y’all didn’t run Sexton enough. All you ran him on was sweeps. Why not let him try to get something off tackle to spell out Trenton?

11 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Did he get ejected from game?

No, Abingdon continuesly hit botty late almost every play. Specially #21 and #41. Abingdon was playing very out of line, and i’m betting it was because they were losing so bad. 

6 minutes ago, footballfan99 said:

No, Abingdon continuesly hit botty late almost every play. Specially #21 and #41. Abingdon was playing very out of line, and i’m betting it was because they were losing so bad. 

That's on the refs as much if not more than head coach...I figured LB would embarrass them

4 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

That's on the refs as much if not more than head coach...I figured LB would embarrass them

Agree. Abingdon didn’t see that type of dominance all year. LB vs Northside, i’m betting winner of that will win states. 

20 minutes ago, footballfan99 said:

Pretty the same thing that happened in Narrows today.  Has been PM's M.O. in the 3 games they've played.  I put that on coaching and officiating for not nipping that shite in the bud before it gets out of hand.

On 11/17/2018 at 11:17 PM, Hhsdevils93 said:

Sexton carves thru Unions defense. Atkins didn’t hurts us. Sproles didn’t hurt us. Sexton hurt us running and catching the ball. Really shocked Coach Mullins went this route. Putting too much stock in Atkins. 

Adkins was the reason they were in the ball game. Mullins  has got to get a better OC. One of TA's 1st couples carries he took it 70 on a sweep didn't get hin back on the edges till late and what do you know he broke another  one  for 50. They tried to be to pretty when they tried to put the ball in Sextons  hands.

6 hours ago, East10Football423 said:

Adkins was the reason they were in the ball game. Mullins  has got to get a better OC. One of TA's 1st couples carries he took it 70 on a sweep didn't get hin back on the edges till late and what do you know he broke another  one  for 50. They tried to be to pretty when they tried to put the ball in Sextons  hands.

I’m just stating how the Union game went. TA was MIA and Sexton was the bear trapper. Doesn’t mean I think Trent can’t play. He’s a baller. But yalls team is better with balance. 

Just hope that that nasty rumor isn’t true or rose ridge will be in a bad way next year. 

Sorry HDevil  thought you were talking about the Richlands game. They held him to 100 but he still have a solid showing. Yes Sexton did his thing against Union and yes they are way way better when Sexton and Adkins are both balancing touches. Definitely got to pretty trying to get Sexton the ball especially  the Richlands game. What are the rumors  on Rose Ridge???