NC Football Playoffs Start Tonight

UNION#ATW

I don’t have family that play. My nephew attends Hough. They looked to be world beaters until the final two weeks of the regular season. Mallard Creek and Vance beat them handily. 

Thad Wells team at Mooresville is the 5 seed in 4a. I think they will make a solid run and will be playing for two, maybe three more weeks. 

I saw Tarboro thrash Mount Airy last season. By all accounts, they are better this season. 

Mallard Creek is 4aa and Mooresville is 4a. I think Mooresville can win two games in the postseason in 4a.  Wells has improved them tremendously.

If anyone stays with Mallard Creek for 4 quarters this season, I will be shocked. They are ranked well inside the USA Today national poll. Deservingly so!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2018 at 7:35 AM, UNION#ATW said:

I tell you Sixcat...A coach that my son played for at Vance, Said they throw everything they could at Mallard Creek and still lost 20-7 early this season

On 11/17/2018 at 7:55 AM, UNION#ATW said:

Wake Forest...From Raleigh....It will be a SHOWDOWN!!

Hough got revenge on a seemingly unbeatable Mallard Creek 19-7 Friday night.  My brother said Hough has battled through injuries all season but are healthy now.

8 hours ago, sixcat said:

Hough got revenge on a seemingly unbeatable Mallard Creek 19-7 Friday night.  My brother said Hough has battled through injuries all season but are healthy now.

Yes Sir...I saw it on the score board show....I was shocked to see it... Good for Hough...I hope they finish strong??? 

8 hours ago, sixcat said:

They play Vance Friday..at Vance...That will be a great game🏈

• 2 weeks later...

15 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

Vance wins to advance to the state title last night over Myers Park.  Vance HC was my QB coach at E&H and former E&H QB Aaron Brand.  Coach Brand if a former Halifax County Comets QB also.

Go Cougars!  We lived in the Vance attendance zone the last few years that we lived in Charlotte.  And although we didn't have a direct connection, we were counselors for our youth group at church and a lot of our kids there were part of the first classes at the school.  Attended many games in the earliest days of the program, so it's nice to see them do well.

I live 10 minutes from East Forsyth who is I believe 14-0 in 4A this year and playing for the state title next Saturday. Ive lived here 3 years and every year they have been in the running for the finals. They have a few kids being recruited by UVA and VT and are normally loaded with DI talent (not as much as Mallard Creek). Been to quite a few games around here for different teams and I'm always surprised at the attendance difference for big school teams here compared to back home. I fully expected some of these games to be hard to find a seat when in reality the stadiums are normally half empty even in the playoffs.

16 hours ago, RichlandsAlum said:

Go Cougars!  We lived in the Vance attendance zone the last few years that we lived in Charlotte.  And although we didn't have a direct connection, we were counselors for our youth group at church and a lot of our kids there were part of the first classes at the school.  Attended many games in the earliest days of the program, so it's nice to see them do well.

Yes Sir..

I 2nd that, I hope Vance can pull it out and knock Wake Forest off this year..My son played with a couple of them boys in Spring Football from Vance...One of the boys he played with is at Missouri now, he's a LB..I can honestly say that we're he learned Hard Hitting from and he lost couple teeth...lol