Richlands/Graham II: Region D Title Game

Deleted Account

Just now, Real Sasquatch said:

Any chance this gets moved to Sunday afternoon?  Supposed to be nasty on Saturday.

Friday evening maybe? Or later than 2:00pm Saturday evening.  I think VHSL's  deadline is Saturday.  Not 100% sure on that deadline date.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

Great article. Cam is a stellar athlete and he's complimented by several other great playmakers. I don't believe Graham comes in over confident. I think they'll be mentally prepared and just as hungry as Richlands if not more so. Hope the weather isn't too nasty. I hate sitting in the cold rain. 

10 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

Great article. Cam is a stellar athlete and he's complimented by several other great playmakers. I don't believe Graham comes in over confident. I think they'll be mentally prepared and just as hungry as Richlands if not more so. Hope the weather isn't too nasty. I hate sitting in the cold rain. 

They were focused Saturday. Made some mistakes, but were still on a mission. I think they'll be fine against Richlands. May not be 45-0 again, but they have too many playmakers to lay an egg.

On 11/23/2018 at 1:45 AM, Union_Fan said:

Good article. Wishing both teams good luck but I'm pulling for GMen, of course. Hoping for good, fair, injury free game all around. 

On 11/20/2018 at 3:04 PM, T52OS said:

Richland biggest advantage is over confidence on Grahams part!  Hard to prepare when you have blown a team out earlier in the year! Might not be so easy this time!!

Do I hear crickets 🦗 

Congratulations to Richlands on a great season. I'm not aware of another team in recent memory that's played through as much adversity as these kids have faced. Great job by their coaching staff for keeping their heads in it for the long haul.

Congratulations to Graham on a great game. For the coaching staff to keep these kids focused this week after the outcome of the first meeting is impressive. 

One week at a time. GO GRAHAM!!

29 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

It was a tight game into the 2nd quarter.  The Richlands TD called back + INT + Graham TD sequence crushed Richlands.

Richland was about to make a game out if it until that very series of downs you are talking about. That INT broke their back and killed the momentum!

1 hour ago, T52OS said:

Richland was about to make a game out if it until that very series of downs you are talking about. That INT broke their back and killed the momentum!

That my friend is called good defense! Graham's has been on fire! 

Congratulations to Graham GMen! Great job coaching staff and players. Very proud of this group! 

Congratulations to Richlands after a dismal season last year and sad circumstances this year, to finish as region runner up is a great accomplishment. 

Let's keep rolling GMen! 

8 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

When the defense puts pressure on a QB, they make mistakes. 

So what do you call the TD that was called back? Or the 50 yard bomb? There was no defense on those. But a penalty negated the TD and Race made a bad choice while falling down. There are always two sides to any given series. 

3 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

It was a tight game into the 2nd quarter.  The Richlands TD called back + INT + Graham TD sequence crushed Richlands.

This. If Richlands scores and goes up 10-7, who knows what happens when Graham starts trailing and forcing things more than usual. That series was killer.