Richlands/Graham II: Region D Title Game

Deleted Account

8 hours ago, UNION#ATW said:

I feel the Richlands family has went through some ruff times lately..Sometimes the Lord works in crazy ways...I hope you keep the winning streak going and go to the G-men's A$$'s..GOOD LUCK👍

No offense intended but I hate to break it to you, the good Lord doesn't care who wins a football game. Richlands has gone through some stuff , I agree. May the best team win and I'm hoping that will be Graham, no offense to Richlands. 

I'm one of the Blue Tornado biggest fans I've only missed a hand full of games since 2003.The blues will have to have a lot of things go there way to win this ballgame..the 1st time they met the blues just didn't look like themselves .I hope for a good clean and safe game..and which ever team wins ill be pulling for them rest of the way.

3 hours ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

I'm one of the Blue Tornado biggest fans I've only missed a hand full of games since 2003.The blues will have to have a lot of things go there way to win this ballgame..the 1st time they met the blues just didn't look like themselves .I hope for a good clean and safe game..and which ever team wins ill be pulling for them rest of the way.

I think the emotions of that week played a large part in Richlands coming out entirely flat. I told my grandparents in the stand during warmups that we would get boatraced. Richlands didn't even look like they cared if they were there or not. 

I think that game did two things, woke up the defense and lit a fire under the players that they want another shot. 

It will be tough to beat Graham, but the players aren't going to roll over like they did the first time.

11 minutes ago, GMan said:

And the hits keep coming for the Richlands community...many prayers heading your way again!!!

Fatal crash involving Richlands students

Yep. I knew Destiny well. Had the pleasure of having 6 years of friendship with her through our work at the haunted house & corn maze. 

1 hour ago, GMan said:

And the hits keep coming for the Richlands community...many prayers heading your way again!!!

Fatal crash involving Richlands students

Prayers for this young lady's family and friends and especially the driver, that's going to be a hard thing to live with. Kids think they're invincible. I dare say a lot of us adults are lucky to still be here. So very sad. 

3 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Does this mean the SWD > M7 outright this year? 

Absolutely. Graham is best in Region D, and despite Union beating Richlands, can't argue with the playoff results.

Graham would beat Abingdon IMO, and Richlands just beat Ridgeview. Union is better than the third SWD team, VHS, and I think the bottom of M7 (Battle, Central, GC) is better than bottom of SWD (Marion, Lebanon, Tazwell) as I think Battle beats Marion, Central would probably take Lebanon and GC or Lee could beat Tazwell.

but there's no doubt now the top of the SWD was better than the M7 when it counted

12 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I just about posted something similar to this but held back.  For all the M7 crowing, the SWD has its Top 2 teams in the Region D Title Game (for the 2nd time in 3 years).

1st time in 2 years. Still doing East/West and cross bracketing in 2016. 😉

22 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Does this mean the SWD > M7 outright this year? 

Proof is in the pudding. Even when Richlands is in a “down season” (by their standards) they still go far into the playoffs. Coach Mance!  Never met the dude but have tons of respect for him. 

On 11/18/2018 at 2:10 AM, Westisthebest said:

I have to disagree with you. I see almost the exact same result.

I wouldn’t count on that!! In my expert opinion that blow out is the biggest thing Richland has in its favor!! Hard to mentally prepare for a team you just blew out !!!! 

1 hour ago, T52OS said:

I wouldn’t count on that!! In my expert opinion that blow out is the biggest thing Richland has in its favor!! Hard to mentally prepare for a team you just blew out !!!! 

You prepare the exact same way you prepare each week for every game. They know who they have in front of them this Saturday and exactly what they have to do to win. I doubt this team cares if they win by a blow out or not but that they win and move on. Not many gave them much of a chance really atfter beaver to do much.

We played Graham this year and got drilled but honestly wasn't that impressed with O line or D line play.  QB is VERY good and so is receiver.  Saw Richlands Sat and was impressed with team as a whole but still will have to pick GMEN in this one by 3 tds