2019 could be the year of the Warriors

Bigtom

Got to looking at the district next year and could very well be the year we start our rise in the Mountain 7.  We return everyone with a year experience under our belt.  Union graduates a lot with Bunch and Turner. and Ridgeview will lose the whole line this year as well as Sexton and Sproles.  I also think JB graduates a lot.  Gate City should be better this year depending on new coach.  Abingdon graduates a lot as well even though I will have them #1 in district.  My prediction is Abingdon, Union, Central, Ridgeview, John Battle, Gate City, Lee

Central has all the talent in place to be a really solid team. However the coaching staff is a complete joke. I’m pretty sure the defensive coordinator gets his game plans from YouTube videos or the book, “defense for dummies”.  They need to wipe the slate clean and hire a new head coach. They make no adjustments, they are the laughing stock of coaching staffs. The program needs a complete overhaul. The play calling for the most part is atrocious. They can barely get a play sent in before the play clock runs out. I agree that they will be tough for the upcoming years but until they get a new coach I don’t see much change. And it hurts to think that. Just my opinion. Hands down the WORST coached team in the Mountain 7. These kids lost 1 game in 3 seasons at the 8th grade and JV level. Dominating other teams. Now they have coaches that can’t even muster up a simple defensive adjustment         Or call an offensive play to counter the defensive alignment. How about let the guy that has coached the JV take over? Couldn’t be any worse than the coaching we have now. 

success at the middle school and jv level doesn't always come guaranteed at the varsity level. nor is it always a reflection of good/ bad coaching. kids and coaches gotta find realistic common ground to improve. both sides have to demand more of each other,  without parents/ bleacher coaches in the way. good luck to all

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

success at the middle school and jv level doesn't always come guaranteed at the varsity level. nor is it always a reflection of good/ bad coaching. kids and coaches gotta find realistic common ground to improve. both sides have to demand more of each other,  without parents/ bleacher coaches in the way. good luck to all

I agree with that, however you should be able to somewhat gauge the level of talent you are going to have at the varsity level. You shouldn’t go from total domination one year to being out coached the next. 

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:03 PM, WarriorSWVA said:

Central has all the talent in place to be a really solid team. However the coaching staff is a complete joke. I’m pretty sure the defensive coordinator gets his game plans from YouTube videos or the book, “defense for dummies”.  They need to wipe the slate clean and hire a new head coach. They make no adjustments, they are the laughing stock of coaching staffs. The program needs a complete overhaul. The play calling for the most part is atrocious. They can barely get a play sent in before the play clock runs out. I agree that they will be tough for the upcoming years but until they get a new coach I don’t see much change. And it hurts to think that. Just my opinion. Hands down the WORST coached team in the Mountain 7. These kids lost 1 game in 3 seasons at the 8th grade and JV level. Dominating other teams. Now they have coaches that can’t even muster up a simple defensive adjustment         Or call an offensive play to counter the defensive alignment. How about let the guy that has coached the JV take over? Couldn’t be any worse than the coaching we have now. 

All good points, However I don't see current coaching staff changing anytime soon.  I did, however thing that after the Principal left we might would have seen a change but apparently that's not gonna happen.  Who knows maybe we can get in the mix of the possibility of getting Adkins from Ridgeview LOL.

6 hours ago, Bigtom said:

All good points, However I don't see current coaching staff changing anytime soon.  I did, however thing that after the Principal left we might would have seen a change but apparently that's not gonna happen.  Who knows maybe we can get in the mix of the possibility of getting Adkins from Ridgeview LOL.

I thought after the Collins left there would be a coaching change.  The coach should take it upon himself and leave, what credentials did he have coaching wise?  I know he played college ball but as he a head coach anywhere else, assistant, etc?

9 minutes ago, WarriorSWVA said:

His credentials are he is friends with Collins. I was hoping for a change after Collins’ retirement, not looking good. 

Thats what i was thinking I honestly wasn't sure.  I know he coached wrestling then quit when he got the head coaching job he then had the wrestling team kicked out of the room that was made for them so he could use it as a weight room for football team.  

On 11/24/2018 at 4:55 PM, Michael_389 said:

If this is Central they better decided baseball or weight room during spring/summer. Makes a difference JV team wasn't that good this year.

They’ve got 1 kid that plays baseball and football I think.  JV team wasn’t as good because they all played on Friday nights. 

On 11/22/2018 at 10:11 PM, Bigtom said:

Got to looking at the district next year and could very well be the year we start our rise in the Mountain 7.  We return everyone with a year experience under our belt.  Union graduates a lot with Bunch and Turner. and Ridgeview will lose the whole line this year as well as Sexton and Sproles.  I also think JB graduates a lot.  Gate City should be better this year depending on new coach.  Abingdon graduates a lot as well even though I will have them #1 in district.  My prediction is Abingdon, Union, Central, Ridgeview, John Battle, Gate City, Lee

I really am starting to believe the rumor of Adkins transferring is false because he is playing basketball.  If he was transferring at all, I don't think he would be playing hoops.  So, we would be returning both the offensive and defensive players of the year in the district.  

Speaking of transfers... Another rumor going around is the QB that replaced McAmis transferring to Ridgeview.  I don't see Ridgeview being any worse than third.

On 11/22/2018 at 10:11 PM, Bigtom said:

Hope springs eternal. I could win the Powerball and be in the Caribbean but Saturday too! JSB will win the Mountain District before Central does................ 

4 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I really am starting to believe the rumor of Adkins transferring is false because he is playing basketball.  If he was transferring at all, I don't think he would be playing hoops.  So, we would be returning both the offensive and defensive players of the year in the district.  

Speaking of transfers... Another rumor going around is the QB that replaced McAmis transferring to Ridgeview.  I don't see Ridgeview being any worse than third.

I don't think Adkins is going anywhere but hey who knows.  Also I don't think Mullins, who replaced McAmis will leave either.  He has a bright future here.  Ridgeview does lose a QB some recievers as well as all of the line which is hard to replace.  Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens in a few months.

55 minutes ago, Michael_389 said:

Adkins isn't leaving Ridgeview. Mullins rumor I've heard also but not to Ridgeview I've heard J.I.B. Who I heard got a QB transfer a couple of weeks ago from Va High. 

Nah Mullins aint going anywhere I talked to him last week.  We have Brickey back and some other nice targets for him to throw to.  Only concern is our line.  If Luke stays then he needs to find some linemen cause we certainly don't have any coming up. Need to find a D coordinator for sure.  We will have Reynolds and Crabtree in the backfield which will be the new two headed monster in the Mountain 7 for a few years  Abingdon will still be good next year but will be missing a lot of pieces, Just imagine if by some good fourtune, Owens resigns and Amburgy gets a chance to come home and coach.  Union will be WAY down.  Ridgeview like I said will struggle without a line I don't care if Walter Payton is in the backfield.  So realistically I see Central no worse than 3rd next year and who knows maybe Mountain 7 champs year after depending on line play.

1 hour ago, RichRich said:

Would love to see Amburgy back in Wise

I just spoke to my uncle that's 1st cousins with Amburgy...They just talked over the holidays...and said he didn't mention anything about it...(coming back to Wise)

A little story for the Warriors....

So I was at my uncle's business in Wise.... And I saw support the Warriors sign...I ask how can you pull for them, When you have a nephew that plays for Union...But me being a good sport..I understand why...😔

But I told him when I bring the Union Bear Banner up...I will move the Warriors banner to the back of the building😂😂

Just poking at the Warriors...😀😀