Graham/Radford: AA Semifinals

Deleted Account

If Graham keeps playing the way they are playing then Graham makes it to Salem. This is the most focused I have seen any Graham squad in a long time. No disrespect to Radford or anyone else, but I honestly believe the only team that can beat Graham right now is Graham by shooting themselves in the foot. Keep rolling G-Men!

Everyone is playing for 2nd. East Rock has the same amount of size and speed that Graham has, and they’ve played a much harder schedule. 

I think graham beats Radford, but comes up short to East Rock. 

Honestly, I think it's Graham's game to loose! If the coaches prepare them right and the players play with discipline on gameday then I think Graham could win with by 2 scores. 28-14 G-Men IF the Graham of the last few weeks show up.

Real question...

Has anyone saw Redford play?  Has graham and Radford has any common opponents. I can’t call it because I don’t know anything about Redford. I do k ow they had some sloppy play against us at Bullitt that will haunt them against a solid team. Clean that up and y’all will have a shot. 

Just now, Hhsdevils93 said:

Real question...

Has anyone saw Redford play?  Has graham and Radford has any common opponents. I can’t call it because I don’t know anything about Redford. I do k ow they had some sloppy play against us at Bullitt that will haunt them against a solid team. Clean that up and y’all will have a shot. 

Only saw Radford Appo. Radford has nasty D and a great QB, but Graham can win

If Graham's defense stays strong, offense stays explosive,  limit penalties, and capitalize on any mistakes Radford makes, then I see a trip to Salem. The defense is a 110% better than first of the season. As far as East Rock, I know nothing about them but it's not ever over till it's over. I don't discount the GMen in any match up these days. Kudos to coaching staff and players! 

I saw Galax dominate Radford in week 2 of the season to the tune of 41-21. Radford actually needed a garbage time TD to make it that close.  

It appeared to me, Radford couldn’t contain the speed Galax had on the outside. Galax had 212 yards passing at halftime. Radford adjusted by dropping more guys into coverage which opened up Dixon’s running game to get chunk yardage on virtually every carry. Galax finished with 258 yards passing and 289 yards rushing.

My point is, if Cam is accurate, he will have open targets aplenty!

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Everyone is playing for 2nd. East Rock has the same amount of size and speed that Graham has, and they’ve played a much harder schedule. 

I think graham beats Radford, but comes up short to East Rock. 

Cam Allen is the wild card.  Having him in the huddle gives you a chance against any team you play.

1 hour ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Graham *should* beat Radford. But East Rockingham would be a 10-14 point favorite over Graham in my opinion. I thought Appomattox would beat Radford Handily though. So who knows. 

This is where I am.  Graham is a nightmare matchup for Radford, as Radford has had problems at times containing downfield passing attacks with dynamic athletes.  Anything can happen, but Graham should be favored.

As for East Rockingham, I seem to remember a lot of the same comparisons made about King George in 1995...

18 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

This is where I am.  Graham is a nightmare matchup for Radford, as Radford has had problems at times containing downfield passing attacks with dynamic athletes.  Anything can happen, but Graham should be favored.

As for East Rockingham, I seem to remember a lot of the same comparisons made about King George in 1995...

Good point! Graham could definitely give ER problems assuming they both make it, I just think ER has a very complete team.

Like you said, based on matchups alone Graham is better than Radford. I’m not sure Radford has seen a spread offense with athletes like this.

Giles has played against both. Radford destoyed us and Giles had many chances to beat Graham. But...Giles and Graham is always a good game. The Graham team that I’ve seen the last two times play Richlands would beat Radford by 10. Graham needs to jump out a few scores in the first half because Radford will adjust well. Should be a great game!

Don't be surprised if Goochland beats East Rockingham.  East Rockingham beat a good Riverheads team, but don't be fooled by that area.  Their schedule isn't as tough as many think.  Central Woodstock, Clark County, RE Lee, Luray and those schools are not a better caliber than Goochland.  It's a common thing where one of those 2A schools out there puts up big numbers each year, be it Clarke, Central, Stuarts Draft or Wilson Memorial in the past, only to not win it.  When a Region C school like Radford, Giles, Glenvar, Appo, or Gretna puts up big number in the regular season, play close attention to it because they are going to be dangerous.  When a Region B school puts up big numbers, I pay attention, but I just don't take it as serious.  I've seen it to many times. Goochland in Region A has 2 titles in the past 12 years.  Never count out Region C.  That region with Radford, Appo, and the rest is tough and has won 5 titles in a row and 8 out of 11 at the 2A level.  The best two teams left may be in the West and whether it's Graham or Radford, both can beat either one in the East.  

14 hours ago, Hard nosed said:

Who has actually seen East Rockingham play?  Lots went and saw Appomattox/Radford.  Let’s here from someone who’s seen East Rock.

Have seen em on Facebook against Riverheads.  That game was streamed by a Riverheads fan.  Contrary to what you may have heard, East Rockingham absolutely does not have the athletes of Graham.  It's not even close.  They do have a very solid offensive and defensive line.  They are a team that is ahead of the rest on the offensive coaching curve.  They run a wide open offense with tons of QB read option and screens.  Their offense would remind you of a Washington State type offense at the High School level.  They fool the opponent and depending on the defensive set, the play is called or changed at the line of scrimmage every time.  They get a lead and teams try to play catch up and get taken out of their offense.  They are very, very good, but they are not more talented than Graham.  Graham is also bigger on the line, but from an offensive coaching perspective, they are as good or better than any Virginia 2A team.  I know Goochland is very well coached and physical and loves to run the ball.  Don't be shocked when you are looking at scores and Goochland and East Rockingham are in a dogfight mid way through the third quarter where Goochland gashes them with runs and ball control offense, and a much better defense than what East Rockingham has faced this season including Riverheads.