Graham/Radford: AA Semifinals

Deleted Account

31 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Their field won’t be as bad as Marion’s but people are probably looking at how Graham struggled with a weak Marion team and Radford dominated a good Glenvar team in a mud bowl. Either way both teams have to play in it. And for me, watching Graham at Giles this year you can really tell the difference with how Graham performs on the grass compared to the turf. 

But look how much better they played against union on grass two weeks ago they have played better as the season has progressed just as radford has. But i guarantee you that graham will be prepared to  play no matter what the conditions are. 

The field against Union was in pretty good shape because the rain had stopped more than 24 hours prior to the game. Field could be worse for this one depending on exactly when it stops. Just checked weather.com and it looks like the rain may be over hours before game time Saturday.

Either way, I think Graham will be just fine. The defense is plenty good enough to keep them in the game should a fumble or some slips occur. As long as they protect the QB and mix up play calling, they're going to score enough points to win the game. Go G-Men!

47 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

The field against Union was in pretty good shape because the rain had stopped more than 24 hours prior to the game. Field could be worse for this one depending on exactly when it stops. Just checked weather.com and it looks like the rain may be over hours before game time Saturday.

Either way, I think Graham will be just fine. The defense is plenty good enough to keep them in the game should a fumble or some slips occur. As long as they protect the QB and mix up play calling, they're going to score enough points to win the game. Go G-Men!

That is my thinkink i was looking at weather and rain did not look to be a factor it looks to be just a lot of hype on here about the field both teams as always said have to play in the conditions depends on who plays better

On 11/28/2018 at 11:50 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

Radford moved their game with Giles to Salem Stadium earlier this year if I recall... maybe it would get moved there?

On 11/28/2018 at 3:01 PM, SWVAgridiron said:

Wont happen. No way they invite Allen to a turf field. I'll buy you a hotdog at the state game if they do haha

On 11/28/2018 at 3:10 PM, sixcat said:

That was due to a safety issue concerning a collapsed stadium light pole not field conditions.

16 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I agree, Radford wants to play Graham on a wet muddy field. With that in mind, will VHSL officials check field conditions possibly Friday? How well does their field drain? 

The score as I have it is @EH31 owes me a Frosty and @SWVAgridiron owes me a hotdog.  Guess I won't be hungry when I go to the game... 😄

Just now, Blue 72 said:

This is good news for Graham, and could hurt Radford.  I think this will make a lot of people in Radford upset, but VHSL has the right to make this decision.  Go Gmen!!!

The "This was a decision made by the VHSL" part would indicate that they are not happy, haha. I probably wouldn't be either if I were them. Will definitely benefit Graham!

6 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I would be willing to bet before all is said and done that Chilhowie will be forced to play at Emory, but I don't want to give up my hotdog... Lol.

LMAO!  VHSL Twitter just confirmed this as well!  I promise, I don't work for the VHSL, so don't send your hate mail to me!

3 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think the move to turf will affect Chilhowie/Galax as much as Graham/Radford. Graham is the greatest beneficiary of the 4.

I don't think it will hurt Chilhowie/Galax either way, but yes, the advantage definitely shifts to Graham for the 2A game.  

Chilhowie's Twitter seemed to be unhappy with the decision as well, even though they're only 15 minutes from Emory.

50 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Graham fans can breathe now....

Deep cleansing breath 😂😂😂 just kidding.  I actually have confidence no matter the location. Radford won't be easy regardless but hoping GMen play like they have been & they've got a good chance going back to Salem next week. 

14 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Should have played in evening at CBurg...would have a ton more fans

Agreed! However, Blacksburg is  playing their semifinal game at C'burg. Apparently, VHSL wants to keep all the games in the 1:30-2:00 time frame.

With me being in Roanoke ... this is a gift to me! 😉

GRAHAM PRIDE!

After the 5th game of the season Graham became a much better football, this was due to a starting lineman, Riley getting cleared to play after shoulder issues from wrestling. Plus, Graham received a true gift of a football player by the name of Aaron Edwards. Aaron moved/transferred to Graham from a hapless program at Princeton, WV. He was the best football player on their team and the spark that Graham needed. With Edwards starting at LB it made it possible for RB Reed to have to play only on the offensive side of the ball. Reed is a big kid and possibly a little overweight and he is a ton to tackle! If Graham gains control sometime early in the ball game look for Reed and Booker to get behind the Graham offensive line and pound the ball! Although Coach Palmer is known to let it rip at anytime!

27 minutes ago, starcityfootballfan said:

Agreed! However, Blacksburg is  playing their semifinal game at C'burg. Apparently, VHSL wants to keep all the games in the 1:30-2:00 time frame.

With me being in Roanoke ... this is a gift to me! 😉

GRAHAM PRIDE!

May make the drive from Hershberger to catch the game. 

REGION D PRIDE 

34 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

The change of location will definitely affect ticket sales. Both schools lack a fan base and with moving the game an hour further I see it being pretty empty.

Graham fans used to travel well. I'm assuming the down years played a roll in the attendance. I really thought with the success that Palmer has been able to have the attendance would pick up.