Galax vs Chilhowie/ 1A semi final

CHS90

3 hours ago, CHS90 said:

Now Galax is the next hurdle for Chilhowie. The Warriors are super focused and rollin. They aren't looking over anyone this year. How does everyone feel about this big match up?

This is the first true test Chilhowie has met all season.  I don’t think Galax is consistent enough to play Chilhowie toe-to-toe how Chilhowie wants the game played.  I’d say Chilhowie by 2 TDs.

15 minutes ago, vols4life said:

Doesn't matter who wins.. Riverheads will be state champs again.

Why are you being so salty towards Chilhowie? I don't get why you are already saying this when they havent even made it that far yet. Have you had a chance to watch riverheads this year, or just going based off their schedule? If you have. Instead of jumping to conclusions. Why not just give us your opinion based on what you saw from them?

13 minutes ago, vols4life said:

Doesn't matter who wins.. Riverheads will be state champs again.

I’m no so sure about that. From what I’ve seen and heard, Riverheads isn’t better than what they were last year. Chilhowie, however, is markedly better. Now, does that close a 6 TD gap enough? We’ll see. But I think Chilhowie (and maybe even Galax) has a very real shot in Salem. 

Nope,Im not from Saltvegas..Look at the Helmet..🙄🙄..If you have any passing attack you can beat Chilhowie..You also won't be playing in the comforts of home.Even up 27 points you still got a break and I've saw it first hand how that works.

I do believe that every team that Chilhowie played this year, except for a couple of team, had a passing attack and Chilhowie won. I would say that the pass defense is a dent in their armor but it won't lose it for them. They get after the qb and don't give him much time to throw. The game is being held in Chilhowie.

57 minutes ago, vols4life said:

Nope,Im not from Saltvegas..Look at the Helmet..🙄🙄..If you have any passing attack you can beat Chilhowie..You also won't be playing in the comforts of home.Even up 27 points you still got a break and I've saw it first hand how that works.

Riverheads isn’t exactly known for its passing attack.

3 hours ago, vols4life said:

Eastside and Burton both threw the ball the majority of the time. 

Chilhowie has allowed ONE passing TD all season.

I'm pulling for the Warriors and think they'll win in a close one, but I do have a few concerns.  First, we're 13 games in the season and Chilhowie's only real test was the benefit game at Ridgeview..  Meanwhile, Galax has been playing a much tougher schedule including Radford, Glenvar, and Northside.  The Maroon Tide will be battle-tested which should pay dividends.  Second, as mentioned earlier, the new-look Tide is now slinging the ball all over the field.  It's hard to find weakness with CHS, but the pass D is a concern.  Third, Mark Dixon has had a full year to plan his revenge strategy and that's scary. 

1 hour ago, Red Rabbit said:

Dixon is not over last years loss to the Warriors , Heck  , he hasn't forgot the thrashing from the Red Team the year before !  The Warriors best be ready or they could be playing basketball !

The 2016 Red team was an outstanding team. One of th best 1A teams I seen play in person. They had a stud middle backer. 

14 hours ago, MT676 said:

Glad to know Coach Dixon can have his boys hang up their cleats and get out their tennis shoes for basketball. Yep just go ahead and pencil in Chillhowie to represent the West!

Great post. Cant leave Galax out of the discussion and assume Chilhowie wins. I did that when the Riverheads topic come up and I apologize. Galax has been there and done that and Galax did beat the team Graham is about to travel to that toppled Appo. Also, Galax in a scrimmage (just a scrimmage), but Galax played My. Airy, NC, to a draw this year early on and Mt. Airy is the 1 seed in the single A (Single A Big) playoffs and lost the state title last year and will likely play for it again. Chilhowie hasn't faced a team the caliber of the maroon tide. I pick Chilhowie, but wouldn't be surprised much if Galax got the W. Often what stands in the way of Galax is Galax. When Galax gets out of Galax's way, they usually do very well.

While Chilhowie has improved a lot since 2017 I think Galax has improved even more and now with the passing attack they might throw Chilhowie off. While the Warriors have a weak schedule and region, they've won those games convincingly. I wish this game wasn't the same time as Radford/Graham. Galax takes it 35-34.

3 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

Did Galax get a transfer that is a stand out ? 

If they did, someone will probably contact VHSL , I hear that happened recently before a playoff game involving another school , not mentioning any names 😂😂😂😂 but I'd call it quite ironic!