2019 schedules

ojrussell

2019 Central Varsity Football Schedule

• Aug 16 - vs Thomas Walker & ??? (Scrimmage)
  • Aug 23 - vs Marion (Benefit Game)
  • Aug 30 - @ Eastside
  • Sept 6 - @ Lebanon
  • Sept 13 - vs Ridgeview
  • Sept 20 - vs Va High
  • Sept 27 - OPEN
  • Oct 4 - @ Abingdon 
  • Oct 11 - vs John Battle
  • Oct 18 - vs Union
  • Oct 25 - vs Lee High
  • Nov 1 - @ Gate City
  • Nov 8 - @ Grundy

This should be accurate, I got it from the CHS website.

Hurley Rebels 2019 Football Schedule 

• Aug 16th-  @ Phelps (Scrimmage)
  • Aug 23rd-  @ Lebanon (Jamboree)
  • Aug 30th- vs Tug Valley 
  • Sep 6th-   vs Rye Cove
  • Sep 13th- vs Patrick Henry
  • Sep 20th- @ River View, WV
  • Sep 27th- OPEN
  • Oct 4th-    @ Grundy
  • Oct 11th-  vs Northwood
  • Oct 18th-  @ Honaker
  • Oct 25th-  @ Holston
  • Nov 1st-   vs. Auburn
  • Nov 7th-   @ Twin Valley 

On 3/13/2019 at 12:49 AM, BBHoops_18 said:

What's the Graham schedule?

8/16       @ Glenvar (scrimmage)                7:00 PM   AT CHRISTIANSBURG HIGH SCHOOL

8/23       @ Cave Spring/Greenbrier East (scrimmage)       TBA

8/30       @ Bluefield                         7:30 PM

9/6         Tazewell                              7:00 PM

9/13       Giles                                      7:00 PM

9/20       Union                                    7:00 PM

9/27       OPEN

10/4       @ Princeton                       7:00 PM                               

10/11     @ Lebanon                         7:00 PM

10/18     Virginia                                 7:00 PM

10/25     @ Richlands                        7:00 PM

11/1       @ Fort Chiswell                 7:00 PM               

11/7       Marion                                 7:00 PM

Austin Cooper was named the Hurley HC.  I believe Austin was his name at least.  If memory serves me he was one of the very good basketball players Hurley had a few years ago with the team that advanced to state play.

The G-Men have heavyweights in Bluefield, Union, Richlands, and Giles (normally). I would love to drop Princeton and pick up a heavyweight in Kentucky, TN, West Va, or even NC.  For example, one of the Charleston schools, or Belfry, Pikeville, Elizabethton, Mt. Airy, etc. Scheduling is tough though and easier said than done.

51 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

The G-Men have heavyweights in Bluefield, Union, Richlands, and Giles (normally). I would love to drop Princeton and pick up a heavyweight in Kentucky, TN, West Va, or even NC.  For example, one of the Charleston schools, or Belfry, Pikeville, Elizabethton, Mt. Airy, etc. Scheduling is tough though and easier said than done.

You can pick up a good gate, AAA points, and usually an easy win with Princeton, why would you drop them? 

11 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

AAA points aren’t any good when your opponent is a lock for 2-8 at best.

Either way, I'd rather play Princeton than travel all over just for the sake of better competition. Graham's schdule is already rather solid.

On 3/19/2019 at 1:32 PM, Hokie1Pokie said:

Those AAA schools from Charleston don't have very many openings on their schedules due to MSAC (conference) scheduling.  Don't think Graham would ever look to Kentucky for an opponent, maybe NE TN again, though.  I'd like to get Mt. Airy, or any other NC team, on the schedule "just because"...

53 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Why would you all re-up with Letcher?! They get calls in KY that would make Duke basketball blush.

It's definitely not a first choice. More like the year's supply of Rice A Roni that the losers on Jeopardy used to get as a consolation prize. 

It boils down to Union not being able to find opponents that aren't PowerPoint black holes, and I don't understand. They've been successful, but it's not like they win every game 50-0. I don't know about this go around, but, starting about 6 years ago, dozens of teams, at some point, have flat out refused to play. One quote from a team for 13-14 was, "we can get beat by someone closer," in a remark about the travel time.

The 15-16 cycle was supposed to be the first and last, but Letcher wanted to keep playing and there wasn't really anyone to take their place. You have to be at least 2 TDs better than your KY opponent to compensate for the refs. So far, that's not been a problem. I'm more concerned with Paintsville because, unlike Letcher, they're actually good.

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

It's definitely not a first choice. More like the year's supply of Rice A Roni that the losers on Jeopardy used to get as a consolation prize. 

It boils down to Union not being able to find opponents that aren't PowerPoint black holes, and I don't understand. They've been successful, but it's not like they win every game 50-0. I don't know about this go around, but, starting about 6 years ago, dozens of teams, at some point, have flat out refused to play. One quote from a team for 13-14 was, "we can get beat by someone closer," in a remark about the travel time.

The 15-16 cycle was supposed to be the first and last, but Letcher wanted to keep playing and there wasn't really anyone to take their place. You have to be at least 2 TDs better than your KY opponent to compensate for the refs. So far, that's not been a problem. I'm more concerned with Paintsville because, unlike Letcher, they're actually good.

A friend of mine used to play for Belfry. The first time PV played at Breathitt Co, his exact words were "your boys will be down 2 TD when they get off the bus."  He knew what he was talking about.....

Hey -- newbie on the boards, and Gate City alum.  Any new word on the schedule??  Last (and only) thing I saw was purportedly we'd swapped out Boone for GW -- since apparently, Jeremy is of the "5 miles to school in the snow" school of thought.😓  After all, why do that rough 27-mile trip down to Gray when we can get a much, much closer road tilt -- like, you know, Wytheville??🙄