Garrett Amburgey

swva_havok_fan

8 minutes ago, Blue_Crue said:

He was interim. They have to advertise it and then interview, but I would guess he will get it back. Washington County does everything by the BOOK!! 

Ah I see... yeah, that shocked the hell out of me when they come up to me and asked me why they were looking for a coach.  I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he found a bigger and better job too though.  He is my coach of the year this year in a landslide.

4 minutes ago, Grapeape said:

Three good coaches in Washington County. Tazewell & Washington feast while some of us famine... 

It has not always been that way in Washington County. I would go as far as to say four good coaches. That is very rare.

1 hour ago, 50kw said:

It has not always been that way in Washington County. I would go as far as to say four good coaches. That is very rare.

4? Holston had a losing record the previous 4 years and got bounced in the first round of the playoffs. Battle also bounced in the first round of the playoffs and finished with a losing record. Abingdon got blown out in their 3A playoff game 63-27. Might be time to set the bar a little higher. 

5 hours ago, Widespread_Panic said:

4? Holston had a losing record the previous 4 years and got bounced in the first round of the playoffs. Battle also bounced in the first round of the playoffs and finished with a losing record. Abingdon got blown out in their 3A playoff game 63-27. Might be time to set the bar a little higher. 

You must consider the past inconsistencies at Battle and Holston. The thing is you have what you have to work with. There has been many 0-10 seasons over the years. Consistency and progress are big factors, but I digress.

14 hours ago, 50kw said:

You must consider the past inconsistencies at Battle and Holston. The thing is you have what you have to work with. There has been many 0-10 seasons over the years. Consistency and progress are big factors, but I digress.

John Battle was a state semifinalist not too many years ago...