Graham/Goochland: VA 2A Championship

Deleted Account

Is their a  fan bus going to the game Saterday morning, I want to go to game . Anyone no of any transport of graham fans? I have a crisp new goverment issued 50 doller bill and will buy dinner and gas. thanks in advanse.  Go g-men.

31 minutes ago, Cornbread said:

Is their a  fan bus going to the game Saterday morning, I want to go to game . Anyone no of any transport of graham fans? I have a crisp new goverment issued 50 doller bill and will buy dinner and gas. thanks in advanse.  Go g-men.

I’m hearing their is a pep bus for the students but not for fans. I could be wrong though.

50 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I’m hearing their is a pep bus for the students but not for fans. I could be wrong though.

From GHS Twitter Page:  Ms. Sheets and Ms. Oxford will be taking a pep bus to the state championship game in Salem on Saturday. Any student wishing to ride the bus needs to sign up in the office window by Wednesday. The cost is $15 which includes the ticket to the game. Payment must be made by Thursday.

4 hours ago, old_school_blue said:

Message to the G-Men!!!! Do not take this team lightly!!!!!!!!!

I don’t think they do at all. Rex Bradshaw knows how it feels to make it that far and not win. I’m sure they will have their heads right. 

I just want to join the long line of folks here wishing the Graham G-Men the best this weekend. I have nothing but respect for your program, you are royalty in Southwest Virginia Football and your team and your fans deserve a championship, I hope that you can play your brand of football and dominate like you have for the past few week! Good Luck and bring home that trophy where it belongs: To Southwest Virginia!

31 minutes ago, SXSW said:

I just want to join the long line of folks here wishing the Graham G-Men the best this weekend. I have nothing but respect for your program, you are royalty in Southwest Virginia Football and your team and your fans deserve a championship, I hope that you can play your brand of football and dominate like you have for the past few week! Good Luck and bring home that trophy where it belongs: To Southwest Virginia!

Greatly appreciate the support. It's been pretty impressive the amount of support from all the schools in the region. It would be nice if they can bring the trophy back to Region D. 

15 hours ago, old_school_blue said:

Message to the G-Men!!!! Do not take this team lightly!!!!!!!!!

The GMen will be fired up and ready and will not take it lightly, but even if they take it serious (and they will) and are fired up (they will be) it still may not be enough. Graham is playing a team that is very solid and athletic and skilled and will be the best team other than Bluefield. If Graham turns the ball over 3 times, we will lose.  Goochland is a little "Salemish" in that they rise to the occasion and bring their A game and don't turn over. The fact that they beat East Rock and Poquoson are examples to that.  But ..Graham's A game can beat Goochlands A game  This game will truly come down to turnovers in my opinion.

A few years back when the G-Men left Gate City after the 70-0 loss, I remember posting that Graham football would come back.   They have certainly accomplished this.  May the team come away Saturday with the championship trophy.  It is a time these young men will always remember.  Other things may dim in life, but not the memory of playing for a state championship.  

GOD BLESS AND SAFE TRAVELS TO SALEM

2 hours ago, graham32 said:

Kicks Country 106.3 and/or you can watch the game live on a smart phone or on a personal computer by googling "NFHS network", and pay 10 bucks and you can watch almost every state title game in the country.

21 hours ago, SXSW said:

The community, school, and fans are fired up! Even our neighbors across the state line are fired up!

This year, Graham has the honor of not only representing the Southwest district and Region D, but ALL of Southwest Virginia! Big shoes to be in ... but we are ready!

As an old timer here, I cannot tell you how proud I am of this team. When the G-Men take the field on Saturday, there is no doubt that I will recall being in the stands during the state championship games of 1989 and 1995. At that time, the reality will probably hit me ... WE'RE BACK!

Go Warriors! Go G-Men!

After watching some film on Goochland, East Rock and Poquoson, I think Goochland's win over Poquoson is more impressive. Either ER's speed and athleticism have been overstated or Goochland's has been understated. I think the Bulldogs are susceptible to the pass. Noticed how they dropped 8 guys into coverage a few times and ER still completed passes. Lot's of zone. No man to man. Union tried that and Cam ate their lunch. 

No clue what they will run schematically on D against Graham, but if they treat them like ER, Graham will have a field day. With a 4 man front and what seemed to be non-aggressive LBs, the G-Men could establish a run early and then start passing when they bring more guys up to the LOS. And if Gooch plays off the receivers as far as they did ER, Graham can WR screen and quick out them to death. #7 for Gooch is impressive.

If Graham plays like they did and against Union(without the TOs), Richlands and Radford they will beat the Bulldogs by 2 or 3 TDs. Go G-Men, bring it home!!

7 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

After watching some film on Goochland, East Rock and Poquoson, I think Goochland's win over Poquoson is more impressive. Either ER's speed and athleticism have been overstated or Goochland's has been understated. I think the Bulldogs are susceptible to the pass. Noticed how they dropped 8 guys into coverage a few times and ER still completed passes. Lot's of zone. No man to man. Union tried that and Cam ate their lunch. 

No clue what they will run schematically on D against Graham, but if they treat them like ER, Graham will have a field day. With a 4 man front and what seemed to be non-aggressive LBs, the G-Men could establish a run early and then start passing when they bring more guys up to the LOS. And if Gooch plays off the receivers as far as they did ER, Graham can WR screen and quick out them to death. #7 for Gooch is impressive.

If Graham plays like they did and against Union(without the TOs), Richlands and Radford they will beat the Bulldogs by 2 or 3 TDs. Go G-Men, bring it home!!

How do you think Graham's defense stacks up against them?