Graham/Goochland: VA 2A Championship

Deleted Account

44 minutes ago, frito gonzales said:

Already heard from some Bluefield fans how if they were in VA they would be the state champs. This is why I find it very difficult to ever cheer for them.

Technically that’s correct. Bluefield would have beat Goochland this year. The question is would Graham have beaten Fairmont Senior if Graham played in West Virginia. In my opinion, they would have. Graham was playing the best football of any of those four teams at the end of the season.

13 minutes ago, GusDaGuesser said:

Technically that’s correct. Bluefield would have beat Goochland this year. The question is would Graham have beaten Fairmont Senior if Graham played in West Virginia. In my opinion, they would have. Graham was playing the best football of any of those four teams at the end of the season.

I disagree. Graham did not have to defend a team that could pass all year. Fairmont could pass very well. Bluefield was better than Goochland. Bluefield was better than Graham. But they weren't better than Fairmont. In all fairness Fairmont would be a division 3 school in VA as they are one of the largest AA schools in WV but their enrollment would make them Division 3 in VA.

8 minutes ago, GusDaGuesser said:

I believe that Bluefield would have beat Goochland but I believe that Graham would have beat Fairmont. Fairmont exploited Bluefield's offense by stopping the run and making Bluefield pass which is something they don't do very much because lets just be honest, they don't play anyone that can stop their running game. Graham has a good balance of run and pass which could have scored on Fairmont. Goochland would not have been able to contain the speed of Bluefield and Bluefield would have smothered Goochland's running game just like the G-Men did. 

Graham finished as the best team in the area this year and they have hardware to prove it, Bluefield does not. As far as who would win in a rematch, if Graham and Bluefield were to play this Friday, with the new additions and strides Graham has made on defense, I personally believe Graham would win by at least 7 points but unfortunately we will never know. 

6 minutes ago, Bluefield researcher said:

I disagree. Graham did not have to defend a team that could pass all year. Fairmont could pass very well. Bluefield was better than Goochland. Bluefield was better than Graham. But they weren't better than Fairmont. In all fairness Fairmont would be a division 3 school in VA as they were the largest AA school in WV but their enrollment would make them Division 3 in VA.

I think by the end of the season, all 3 in Fairmont, Bluefield, and Graham were close and we can only speculate who beats who. Fairmont had a great team and so did Bluefield. By seasons end, I think Graham was right there with Fairmont and Bluefield because of the defense that truly improved at a remarkable level.  I'm not saying Graham wins, but I think Graham was right there with em 

3 hours ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

I think by the end of the season, all 3 in Fairmont, Bluefield, and Graham were close and we can only speculate who beats who. Fairmont had a great team and so did Bluefield. By seasons end, I think Graham was right there with Fairmont and Bluefield because of the defense that truly improved at a remarkable level.  I'm not saying Graham wins, but I think Graham was right there with em 

I think Graham was the best team in the area, and that includes Bluefield.  Graham would beat Beaver by at least a TD if not more, if they played this weekend.  Afterall Graham has a trophy that proves how great a team they had this year, where's Beavers trophy, oh yeah, that's right, they didn't get one.  Hats off to Graham the true champion of the area

10 minutes ago, Blue 72 said:

I think Graham was the best team in the area, and that includes Bluefield.  Graham would beat Beaver by at least a TD if not more, if they played this weekend.  Afterall Graham has a trophy that proves how great a team they had this year, where's Beavers trophy, oh yeah, that's right, they didn't get one.  Hats off to Graham the true champion of the area

That's all opinion of yours...except that Graham has trophy

Fact is Bluefield beat Graham...end of story

7 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

Congrats to the Gmen, enjoy this championship, you deserve it.

SOUR GRAPES,if if's and but's were candy and nuts , nobody would be hungry for CHRISTMAS......and if UNION WOULD HAVE...ECT....ECT...ECT. GMEN ARE THE CHAMPIONS AND BLUEFIELD ARE NOT PERIOD!!!!QUIT CRYING

Many Bluefield Beavers supported Graham on Saturday. Many GMen fans supported Beaver last year and this go around. Having both a state champion and runner up in 2018 is great for the Bluefields! Graham and Beaver had tremendous seasons! They are the best in our coverage area, no doubt!  I think both will be in the mix next year and until they play that first game of 2019 season, can we all just get along and be happy for both team's success? With that, go GMen come August 2019! 

18 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Many Bluefield Beavers supported Graham on Saturday. Many GMen fans supported Beaver last year and this go around. Having both a state champion and runner up in 2018 is great for the Bluefields! Graham and Beaver had tremendous seasons! They are the best in our coverage area, no doubt!  I think both will be in the mix next year and until they play that first game of 2019 season, can we all just get along and be happy for both team's success? With that, go GMen come August 2019! 

Agree. 

10 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Go GMen! If you hedge a bet on Bluefield being good before any season, you will win your bet the overwhelming percentage of the time. I'm a die-hard GMEN, but I will admit, "libra por libra," pound for pound, for the size of that school student population compared to others of the same size, the Beavers are hell. They've been hellacious for not just decades, but for a couple of generations.  

1 hour ago, Real Sasquatch said:

And the Eagles lost 3 games and won the SuperBowl last year. 

Who gives a rats ass. 

Graham is the State Champion!!  

I'm just stating facts for the person that said "Graham would beat Bluefield by 7+ now"....we will never know

But we will always know they didnt beat them in 2018

And congrats to the G-men

8 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

True, and technically their numbers were 3A this cycle, but were allowed to stay in 2A.

It looked like they had about double the players compared to Graham. I don't know exact numbers but definitely more! 

Exactly this! Everyone should just be happy regardless of which side of the Bluefields they are on. This all is just speculation that we all will never know and don't mean a thing. I know I'm ecstatic that Graham brought home a title this year because I see it as one for the whole community. Save all of the Bluefield/Graham comparison chatter for the last week in August lol.

4 hours ago, Hard nosed said:

Please tell me why Graham and Bluefield always have to be compared dag be happy for the area - Last year Bluefield got the ring this year Graham that is great for the area!

Exactly this! Everyone should just be happy regardless of which side of the Bluefields they are on. This all is just speculation that we all will never know and don't mean a thing. I know I'm ecstatic that Graham brought home a title this year because I see it as one for the whole community. Save all of the Bluefield/Graham comparison chatter for the last week in August lol.