Chilhowie/Riverheads, Part II: VA 1A Championship

Deleted Account

Chilhowie is one the better SWVA teams in a long time. They have a great shot of winning it all. But Riverheads won 42-0 and return 17 SRS  while Chilhowie returned 15 or so. I think the game will be much more entertaining than last year and Chilhowie has a real shot but I lok for Riverheads to score late and win 28-14

I believe Chilhowie will give them a good run for their money. I also think it will come down to turnovers. Warriors will slow the Gladiators down but not completely stop them. The same for the Gladiators. Chilhowie wins close. 22-21

54 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

The Warriors were not tested by the horrific Maroon Tide team ! They will see a much different team on Saturday .  Things that worked will likely fail against Riverheads .jmo

Chilhowie was tested yesterday, and passed. The score might not show that, but Galax did not take it laying down.

11 minutes ago, Null said:

Chilhowie was tested yesterday, and passed. The score might not show that, but Galax did not take it laying down.

Galax is not very good ! If you think the Warriors can play the same way against Riverheads , you are wrong ! Riverheads will put 35 on them and let them score against their second or third team . 

4 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

Galax is not very good ! If you think the Warriors can play the same way against Riverheads , you are wrong ! Riverheads will put 35 on them and let them score against their second or third team . 

Galax beat the 2C champs by 20.  They are not only good, but quite good.

1 minute ago, UVAObserver said:

Galax was not good yesterday ! A lot of people don't know the meaning of a good team . They will be educated on Saturday . 35-10

5 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

Galax was not good yesterday ! A lot of people don't know the meaning of a good team . They will be educated on Saturday . 35-10

Well atleast we all have our opinions I guess

1 hour ago, Red Rabbit said:

Yeah we do. We have two this year in Chilhowie and Graham. 

You don’t make the state title game and not be good. 

We’ll see. 

2 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

Another newb to the board who's going to "educate" us on good football... 

Welcome to the Thunder Dome lil guy, good luck.

No doubt the Warriors are good however, 95% of their competition this year were somewhat weaker than last! I have watched them play 3 times and in each of the 3 games their opponent made silly mistakes and the Warriors advanced on those mistakes! Take away 5 interceptions here, 6 fumbles there and several missed or bad calls by the stripes and things start to change!  The Riverheads generally don't make those silly mistakes (hardly ever)! As far as a score prediction from me, I'm not going there!  See you all in Salem...

East Rock defeated Riverheads 28-0 by taking away the run. If the Warriors can do that, I’d give them a good chance of winning. And they are familiar with that quirky offense this time. 

I sure hope the warriors take this one. Riverheads fans are annoying to say the least. They are great when they win but after a loss...not so much. 

1 minute ago, REBELDAD said:

Does the fact that this game is on the turf at Salem give Riverheads the advantage ?

More sourgrapes. You Rebels and Canes making yourselves look bad. You got beat. Take your lumps and move on. Good Lord. 

If you was there yesterday or if you watch the film on the NFHS site you will see that Galax gave a Chilhowie team some help that they did not need.   A blocked punt inside the 20 because of an errant snap, and several gift interceptions. You cannot do that against  a good team and win. It reminded me of the start of  Chilhowie Riverheads game last year. They let a big play happen, then next series a  mistake and  Chilhowie like Riverheads last year had two quick scores. When you get down like that and the MO is going against you facing a good team it changes your normal routine. Galax had the MO at the end of the half to be within 7 and getting the ball at the start of the half and squandered it. MO is a huge factor in football. 

I have only seen one Riverheads game on film, so I have not seen enough to make a valid opinion. But what I did see and have seen in the past of them, believe it will be about who gets out front first. That will dictate the game. 

5 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

4 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Galax may not have played their best game yesterday or was good yesterday although anyone who watched the game will tell you they have talent. Their D line was very, very good. If anything yesterday shows you Chilhowie is legit. In 5 out of 5 games are they 3 TDs better than Galax-No. Although Chilhowie is not a fluke, good enough to beat Riverheads? We will see. But to say that Galax is not Good shows you are  either trolling or do not know football.