Chilhowie/Riverheads, Part II: VA 1A Championship

Deleted Account

53 minutes ago, CHS90 said:

It wasn't everyone because the Warriors have a lot of fans. I for one didn't care where they played so I didn't do any whining. Or did I act childish. And it wasn't their whole fan base. I understand what a few bad apples do but the way things are worded should be thought of before accusing everyone. 

Point taken, absolutely not every fan. My apologies for lumping all fans together. It's a shame the disgruntled were most vocal. I even had people that I know personally and are friends with on FB who for all practical purposes are good, rational folks , post crazy ridiculousness. To be honest, every team has "those" types of fans. 

7 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Point taken, absolutely not every fan. My apologies for lumping all fans together. It's a shame the disgruntled were most vocal. I even had people that I know personally and are friends with on FB who for all practical purposes are good, rational folks , post crazy ridiculousness. To be honest, every team has "those" types of fans. 

I agree. It is sad how a few can make a community look bad but all in all most of the fans in this community just want to support the players. I just want people to know that this is all about the team and to look over the petty stuff from past weeks. The ones that make the most noise are usually the ones that don't even have a dog in the fight. Let's just bring 2 state titles back to SWVA.

1 minute ago, CHS90 said:

I agree. It is sad how a few can make a community look bad but all in all most of the fans in this community just want to support the players. I just want people to know that this is all about the team and to look over the petty stuff from past weeks. The ones that make the most noise are usually the ones that don't even have a dog in the fight. Let's just bring 2 state titles back to SWVA.

Amen! Nothing would be sweeter than two state championship titles coming back to SWVA! 

3 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

This board is way tooooooo quite .  Different from last year .  Nerves ?   lol

No, we’re all busy wth State week. You know, where we have all these events going on in the Chilhowie and Riverheads communities. Parties to attend and get togethers to make appearances at. Restaurants hosting football nights. Plus we got all this media frenzy thing going down. Oh my bad, you don’t know what State week is like. 

1 minute ago, Smyhcounty said:

No, we’re all busy wth State week. You know, where we have all these events going on in the Chilhowie and Riverheads communities. Parties to attend and get togethers to make appearances at. Restaurants hosting football nights. Plus we got all this media frenzy thing going down. Oh my bad, you don’t know what State week is like. 

lol  If you only new !  1A  Alabama will be in Salem on Saturday . Warriors better be ready .

39 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

lol  If you only new !  1A  Alabama will be in Salem on Saturday . Warriors better be ready .

They will be. You do remember Alabama going down 2 years ago. 

On 12/2/2018 at 10:21 AM, Red Rabbit said:

The Warriors were not tested by the horrific Maroon Tide team ! They will see a much different team on Saturday .  Things that worked will likely fail against Riverheads .jmo

Agreed!!

Riverheads is  50% better than last year . The kids grew up just like the Warriors . Last year they had a tenth grader run all over them in the Champ game . They are stronger and faster then before.  Should be a much closer game this year . 35  14  Riverheads

Gosh, this thread has encompassed the actions of fans on social media, politicians moving the Chilhowie/Galax game, concession stands, sinkholes.  Not mentioned is Haley's Comet and the effect the upcoming game has on the stock market.  

Filtering through all of this, I have been listening to Chilhowie's playoff games and have become a fan of the team.  I am pulling for them to bring home the championship trophy Saturday.  I have watched my Blues (Richlands) in their championship games and there is nothing like it, the joy of winning and  yes, the heartbreak of defeat.  The work put in to get to this culmination of their season, is no small task.  Hats off to the Chilhowie Warriors and coaching staff.

I HOPE THE FEED FOR 101.1FM IS WORKING SATURDAY.

GOD BLESS AND SAFE TRAVELS TO ALL HEADING TO SALEM. 

3 minutes ago, tbgfan said:

Gosh, this thread has encompassed the actions of fans on social media, politicians moving the Chilhowie/Galax game, concession stands, sinkholes.  Not mentioned is Haley's Comet and the effect the upcoming game has on the stock market.  

Filtering through all of this, I have been listening to Chilhowie's playoff games and have become a fan of the team.  I am pulling for them to bring home the championship trophy Saturday.  I have watched my Blues (Richlands) in their championship games and there is nothing like it, the joy of winning and  yes, the heartbreak of defeat.  The work put in to get to this culmination of their season, is no small task.  Hats off to the Chilhowie Warriors and coaching staff.

[/b]I HOPE THE FEED FOR 101.1FM IS WORKING SATURDAY.

GOD BLESS AND SAFE TRAVELS TO ALL HEADING TO SALEM.[/b] 

You can also listen online at

http://espn1240theboss.com/?fbclid=IwAR12gP9wE9A25sWr5ZdmhS92x082JCbXLNebQMh8EJQ1uX9dKC2adkchAGQ

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:38 AM, Red Rabbit said:

Looks like they have home field advantage again .  Lets see who complains about that ! lol

What number do you wear for Riverheads?  I just want to keep up with you!  Thanks.