Congrats Jeremy Houseright

Leatherhead Larry

More like 2 or three seasons.  He needs to lighten the schedule....get some wins. Take some pressure off of him early.  The key is who going to run the offense. And is reed staying to help.  Jeremy will do good thing but he has no head coaching experience and that is a disadvantage 

Congrats to Jeremy!  Unless I misunderstood, Reed is to be the DC?  Someone correct me on that if I'm wrong.   Not sure about the rest of the staff.  I think GC fans will be more patient in getting things turned around with Jeremy being the Coach.  Its gonna take quite a few years IMO to get the program headed in the right direction, but there should be a noticable difference in a year or so.  Not necessarily in just wins and losses, but fundamentals and also in the attitudes of the players.  The kids will enjoy playing for Housey and he truly cares about the kids. It will be noticeable.  There wont be a lack of enthusiasm from him that can be assured.  I'm sure the folks at Rye Cove seen the same thing from him while he was there.  

From what I’ve seen from the community on social media, folks are extremely happy. As so am I. Housey will give his all for his players and the players will give their all for him. It’s a long road ahead, we all understand that. But we got a fired up, enthusiastic, players coach. That’s what we need right now. The kids trust in Jeremy, he trusts them, the kids love him, as he loves them, he respects the kids, they respect him. That itself will go miles in the rise of the program back to former glory. We must support and be patient. Go Big Blue! Is it August yet?

Like Larry said, everyone was very positive on social media last night, including current and former players. I wouldn't be surprised if our numbers don't jump up quite a bit next year. If the kids stay this excited and will run through a wall for him like it appears, then good things should be ahead in the future. Wasn't long ago GC beat Graham 70-0. This week I'll be pulling for them in the state championship game. Hopefully the kids will buy in and stay positive.

On 12/6/2018 at 7:40 AM, GC_Quincy said:

Like Larry said, everyone was very positive on social media last night, including current and former players. I wouldn't be surprised if our numbers don't jump up quite a bit next year. If the kids stay this excited and will run through a wall for him like it appears, then good things should be ahead in the future. Wasn't long ago GC beat Graham 70-0. This week I'll be pulling for them in the state championship game. Hopefully the kids will buy in and stay positive.

I’m hearing a lot of kids are already buying in (that haven’t played football in awhile) and it hasn’t even been a week. Amazing how hiring one guy can boost moral and change the whole outlook of a program. Jeremy is super excited and ready to get to work. I guess the next question is who will be the assistants and coordinators.