VA Championship Updates

Deleted Account

4 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

Just want to be sure and not that it matters now, is Pass Interference only a 10 yard penalty in High School and not a 15 yard penalty?  Because if it's still 15, then Goochland got 5 yards on a mis-marked penalty and it slid by the entire Graham coaching staff, including the officials.  Again, if 10, then oh well and we scored anyway, but they literally marked 10 yards off and not 15 on that pass interference call the last series of the first half.

I assumed that was just a mistake by the radio crew when discussing the mark off.  I cant remember where the ball was at before the play but I know they said only 10 was marked off.

4 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

I assumed that was just a mistake by the radio crew when discussing the mark off.  I cant remember where the ball was at before the play but I know they said only 10 was marked off.

Ball was moved from the 39 to the 29 that play.

1 minute ago, Gridiron60 said:

I've never seen a player carry a teammate off the field in a bear hug to prevent a flag when it should have already been thrown and wasn't ever thrown. 

And I've never seen pass interference get marked off as 10 yards and the officials miss it, the fans seemingly missed it, and our coaches missed it.  Now, if only a 10 yd penalty for pass interference in High School, then I take my foot out of my mouth, but if it's still 15 like it used to be, that's a huge huge blunder by the officials for a state title game.

Just now, Rhschamps04 said:

Ball was moved from the 39 to the 29 that play.

The ball was moved from the 29 to the 19.  It should have been moved to the 14 and incredibly, the official didn't seem to have his bearings and our entire offensive players missed it as did our coaching staff, but.......stuff happens in heightened emotions.  I'm just glad we scored.

1 minute ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

The ball was moved from the 29 to the 19.  It should have been moved to the 14 and incredibly, the official didn't seem to have his bearings and our entire offensive players missed it as did our coaching staff, but.......stuff happens in heightened emotions.  I'm just glad we scored.

If it was the 29 going into the end zone, it should have been half the distance so 14.5 yard line.

Just now, IRISH-FAN18 said:

I got big fingers bro. Sometimes I hit the wrong key lol

Dont worry about it.  Sometimes I throw the flag for things that arent really there according to some people. Or dont throw it for things that did.