VA Championship Updates

Deleted Account

1 hour ago, 99Bama said:

Confused? They were lost as last year's Easter egg on a few occasions. What exactly did they call on the punt that we had to do over?

No clue! Maybe the VHSL should start getting officials from a neighboring state or something because this crew was , well, I don't even know what they were 🤦🏼‍♂️

6 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

The kids they have coming back , they may repeat

Don't see it....Cam Allen being gone is why...they had a few play makers but Allen was a difference maker ever time he touched the ball.that kid deserves a ring for each finger....

1 hour ago, Union_Fan said:

Dislocated shoulder according to the articles, but none said how he was exactly.

Same thing the announcer said on the nfhs network, and that he had been transported to the hospital!

6 hours ago, Bigrhsfan said:

CONGRATS to the Gmen !  

10 hours ago, 99Bama said:

Confused? They were lost as last year's Easter egg on a few occasions. What exactly did they call on the punt that we had to do over?

Apparently it was holding but the lines people had already moved markers and referees weren't sure where to place ball, couldn't figure out where it had been and decided it was best to repunt or some nonsense like that is what I was told. They were a prize crew last night. 😂

I don't think the play to play officiating was bad. I thought it was good  The issue was in "between" plays. Nearly an 8 minute game stoppage on that punt issue and a stoppage that long can hurt momentum of either team. At some point you have to make a decision and go with it  The other issue was the spot on the pass interference. 7 officials on the field and they moved the ball from the Graham 29 to the Graham 19. The ball should have been spotted at the 14 and 1/2 yd line. With 7 officials on the field, that's a huge miss for a state title game and they flat out missed that one 

17 hours ago, Bigrhsfan said:

Kinda sounds like you guys might have had  the same crew we had when we played Poquoson for the state a few years back......

Totally agree.  It's just the fact that SWVA has a team in the final, and the out east guys can not stand the fact that their teams are getting thumped.  Way to go Graham, and hope you guys enjoy this championship.  Also glad that an old friend, (Dennis Palmer) can enjoy another state championship, he really improved the Gmen defense throughout this year.  Good job to all of the coaches and players.  Gmen fans please enjoy this championship at least until you have to play Richlands again, can't wait for August 2019 to get here. Go BLUES!!! Yeah, I had to say it.

August can't get hear fast enough.....Radford and Goochland will be there at the end again next year they was playing some very young guys and the QB and rb spots...appomattox was kinda young to so they will be tough....looking forward to see how the Blues will look....

27 minutes ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

August can't get hear fast enough.....Radford and Goochland will be there at the end again next year they was playing some very young guys and the QB and rb spots...appomattox was kinda young to so they will be tough....looking forward to see how the Blues will look....

I think Goochland is moving up to Div. 3

29 minutes ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

Goochland moves up to 3A next year.  

On 12/10/2018 at 8:01 AM, Blue 72 said:

Totally agree.  It's just the fact that SWVA has a team in the final, and the out east guys can not stand the fact that their teams are getting thumped.  Way to go Graham, and hope you guys enjoy this championship.  Also glad that an old friend, (Dennis Palmer) can enjoy another state championship, he really improved the Gmen defense throughout this year.  Good job to all of the coaches and players.  Gmen fans please enjoy this championship at least until you have to play Richlands again, can't wait for August 2019 to get here. Go BLUES!!! Yeah, I had to say it.

Hey im an Appo fan and fully said Graham would stomp Goochland. Goochland goes undefeated often because they dont play tough teams not because they are good.

1 hour ago, oldfool said:

Hey im an Appo fan and fully said Graham would stomp Goochland. Goochland goes undefeated often because they dont play tough teams not because they are good.

If you notice my post, I'm not the only one who feels this way and its not pointed at any particular team, it was intended for the officiating crew.  This happens year end and year out, and I'm sure others would agree with me.  Thanks for backing Graham against Goochland.