Zac Ervin 2000

Hokie777

Zach is unbelievable, but this GC team is nowhere NEAR last year. Union, down Slagle, led for most of first quarter, it was 5-6 point game at the half, and GC only won by 15.

If Wes is 100%, there's a chance Union wins.  Radford will smash GC if the other three kids don't start taking more shots

51 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Mac is at 2,801. Zach is at about 2,015

Thanks for info! Was curious if Zac averaged 40 points per game for the rest of the season if he had a chance to catch up with Mac?

If my calculations are correct, Mac reached 2,000 points on the nose on January 5th in his 10th game of the season.  He played in 20 more games averaging 40.05 ppg (801).  He finished his career with 2,801.  This would put Zac on pace with a number of obvious assumptions. 

5 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Zach is unbelievable, but this GC team is nowhere NEAR last year. Union, down Slagle, led for most of first quarter, it was 5-6 point game at the half, and GC only won by 15.

If Wes is 100%, there's a chance Union wins.  Radford will smash GC if the other three kids don't start taking more shots

What does this have to do with the post? 

Ervin is a tremendous player and in my view a better shooter than McClung. McClung is a better athlete and is more talented in other facets of the game. 

If GC wins Region D, I hope he plays enough games to have a chance of catching McClung. 

On 1/3/2019 at 2:53 PM, BigWinners said:

Only won by 15.  Anytime I've lost by 15 I considered it a whipping.  

Edited by used2blarge
missing word

20 hours ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

Ervin is a tremendous player and in my view a better shooter than McClung. McClung is a better athlete and is more talented in other facets of the game. 

If GC wins Region D, I hope he plays enough games to have a chance of catching McClung. 

I meant to post it in the scores thread, who cares? 

50 minutes ago, used2blarge said:

Only won by 15.  Anytime I've lost by 15 I considered it a whipping.  

Not when you should win by 30+ if you were as good as people say. Union isn't a bad team by any means but they are without their best player by far and only have eight kids. If GC was a contender to win a state title, Union without Slagle shouldn't be able to play with team, lead after the first, within a bucket or so at the half, and GC never really pulled away. 

Union did have a hot shooting night, but there's a big talent gap between the teams

19 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Not when you should win by 30+ if you were as good as people say. Union isn't a bad team by any means but they are without their best player by far and only have eight kids. If GC was a contender to win a state title, Union without Slagle shouldn't be able to play with team, lead after the first, within a bucket or so at the half, and GC never really pulled away. 

Union did have a hot shooting night, but there's a big talent gap between the teams

It's one game.  Not sure I would read into a single game that heavily.  In one of the games last year, GC beat Union by 20.  And it was pretty even except for the 1st quarter.  20 isn't a big jump from 15.  

1 hour ago, used2blarge said:

It's one game.  Not sure I would read into a single game that heavily.  In one of the games last year, GC beat Union by 20.  And it was pretty even except for the 1st quarter.  20 isn't a big jump from 15.  

Last year Union had Mitchell, who had the length and athleticism to bother GC on defense. Union lacks a real scoring threat on the post without Slagle.

I don't believe GC only beat Union by 20 at GC last season, and it was not just the final score that influences my opinion. Ask the GC fans how many offensive sets they actually ran, or how much (or little) defense was played on the perimeter. They saw it. If a team throws bodies at Ervin, uses their best defender on Dean, and forces them to pass to other players, GC struggled to score. It's not rocket science. 

22 hours ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

How is Ervin's defense this year? Taking nothing away from McClung because he is phenomenal but I felt like after seeing him play in person more than once last year, his defensive game was weaker in comparison to his offensive game but that's my opinion, others may feel different. 

59 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Last year Union had Mitchell, who had the length and athleticism to bother GC on defense. Union lacks a real scoring threat on the post without Slagle.

I don't believe GC only beat Union by 20 at GC last season, and it was not just the final score that influences my opinion. Ask the GC fans how many offensive sets they actually ran, or how much (or little) defense was played on the perimeter. They saw it. If a team throws bodies at Ervin, uses their best defender on Dean, and forces them to pass to other players, GC struggled to score. It's not rocket science. 

70-56, 82-47, 67-47 according to maxpreps.  Of course they are not as good without Mac, but it’s still early to be rule out this years team.