Ridgeview 59, Wise Central 41

swva_havok_fan

2 hours ago, RiverRat24 said:

I think Union has the ability to be really good for the next couple years.  They just havent quite pieced it together this year.  Quite a bit of young talent.

Agreed. The 7th, 8th and 9th graders are SUPER talented. They don't have a traditional big but that group could be special. In two years, when Rasnick is a senior, Jones and the others will be juniors and sophomores and that team could make a lot of noise.

back to RV/WC, apparently TJ was disappointed in his team, benched every starter but one, played him out of position, and when RV got up big, he brought back in the starters but they weren't as enthused and just got routed by a much less talented team. May not be true, just what I heard thru the grapevine.

12 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Agreed. The 7th, 8th and 9th graders are SUPER talented. They don't have a traditional big but that group could be special. In two years, when Rasnick is a senior, Jones and the others will be juniors and sophomores and that team could make a lot of noise.

back to RV/WC, apparently TJ was disappointed in his team, benched every starter but one, played him out of position, and when RV got up big, he brought back in the starters but they weren't as enthused and just got routed by a much less talented team. May not be true, just what I heard thru the grapevine.

I had heard this as well, so I would tend to agree with you.  But I talked to someone who was there and he said that Ridgeview was just hot and shots were falling.

I don't know man.  It's still just unfathomable to me how we lost by 20 to Twin Valley, struggled to beat Rye Cove (no offense 1inStripes 😉 ) but beat Central by 18.

I hope this victory motivates the boys and they come out firing on all cylinders tonight against the Devils.  Shock the world twice in one week perhaps?  Who knows?  :) 

16 hours ago, Unchained said:

Easy explanation. Boy's basketball in Wise County is bad (last team to win state? 1974 Powell Valley Vikings)

Disagree. J.I. Burton, J.J. Kelly, Powell Valley, and Pound have all had their good seasons in basketball over the years. Eastside is still a very successful program. 

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I had heard this as well, so I would tend to agree with you.  But I talked to someone who was there and he said that Ridgeview was just hot and shots were falling.

I don't know man.  It's still just unfathomable to me how we lost by 20 to Twin Valley, struggled to beat Rye Cove (no offense 1inStripes 😉 ) but beat Central by 18.

I hope this victory motivates the boys and they come out firing on all cylinders tonight against the Devils.  Shock the world twice in one week perhaps?  Who knows?  🙂

Easier to hit shots when the starters are on the bench lol

4 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

None taken.  RC is starting three freshman this year.  Those boys are talented and play hard, but most 14 year olds are going to struggle playing 25+ minutes a night at the varsity level.  The first player off the bench is a freshman as well.  Future is bright but this season is probably gonna have more downs than ups.