NBA history best players

wheeler

9 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

And that’s the sort of impact I’m talking about.  Duncan wouldn’t have have carried that ‘81 Rockets team to the finals, or allowed that ‘83 76ers team to come 6 points shy of going “fo-fo-fo”.

Duncan was on teams that had Ginobili, Parker, Bowen, Leonard, and ultra 6th man, Big Shot Bob Horry (the first 2 of which stayed around forever).  Malone made 2 Finals and won 1 title with a Julius Erving that was in the twilight of his career, and he played with a very young Barkley that only really found himself when Malone had been sapped by injury.  That’s virtually it.

That Rockets team has five players averaging at least 10 ppg, suggesting Duncan couldn't have done as well as MM did is pure conjecture. Charles Barkley, McHale, etc... all rank TD ahead of Malone, it's not just me. And Duncan played against some of the best of the best. 

Yeah he had Manu, Parker, Admiral, etc.. But Bowen was never a great player, and Duncan won 3/5 titles when Manu and Parker were super young. Neither were there in 99 anyway. 

Duncan had to go thru Shaq, Dirk, those great Suns teams, those great Kings teams, etc... to even make the Finals. You can't count Kawhi, he was there for one title. Look at who he beat in the Finals: Ewing, Kidd, LeBron x2, Wade, Bosh, Billups, Ben Wallace, Rip, Rasheed, Etc... He won two rings before Manu and Parker got there, four before Kawhi. Should have six titles if Manu didn't choke away a West Final in 06 and Allen didn't hit that crazy shot in 2015. 

Stats like win shares, defensive win shares, VORP and PER all take into account eras and pace of play, and Duncan ranks higher in all those stats. 

As this is NBA related...I didn't want to create a new thread for the following...so....

Tim Hayes Retweeted

Shams CharaniaVerified account @ShamsCharania
Sources: Restricted free agent Malcolm Brogdon has agreed to a deal with Indiana.

Eric Hobeck Retweeted
 Zach LoweVerified account @ZachLowe_NBA
Malcolm Brogdon's four-year, $85M deal with the Pacers is fully guaranteed, league sources say.

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account @wojespn
Indiana is trading a first-round and two future second round picks to Milwaukee for Malcolm Brogdon, league sources tell ESPN.

Saw the following and I'm thinking Lamb  played high school basketball at Norcross HS in Norcross, GA  (I looked it up and yes, he did)

Malcolm also played his high school basketball in Norcross, GA  at Greater ATL Christian School (an Arby's Classic participant)

Shams CharaniaVerified account @ShamsCharania

Free agent Jeremy Lamb agreed to a three-year, $31.5M deal with Indiana, agent Jeff Schwartz of Excel Sports Management says.

And the following blockbuster...if it happens...

Jim Sacco Retweeted

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account @wojespn
Brooklyn is making a clean sweep tonight: Brooklyn will sign Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving and DeAndre Jordan, league sources tell ESPN.

great state