Caine Ballard

SXSW

It is being reported by WXSM that Caine Ballard has resigned as head coach of the Greeneville Greene Devils. He will remain at the school as a teacher and associate A.D. he has no plans to coach anywhere where else. He won 4 state titles at Greeneville and 12 conference titles. 

1 hour ago, SXSW said:

It is being reported by WXSM that Caine Ballard has resigned as head coach of the Greeneville Greene Devils. He will remain at the school as a teacher and associate A.D. he has no plans to coach anywhere where else. He won 4 state titles at Greeneville and 12 conference titles. 

My bet is he is coaching at Dobyns Bennett in the near future

13 hours ago, Boomhauer said:

I will take that bet. He won't be coaching at DB or anywhere else for at least 5 years, as Ryan stated above, he is going to take time to be a dad. He also has twin girls in 7th or 8th grade I believe and nothing will happen before they are graduate. He is deeply rooted in the Greeneville community and no matter how much money The University of Kingsport throws at him he ain't coaching for a while...DB made their bed with Christian and you know the rest! 

17 hours ago, Boomhauer said:

Boy, I sure hope you're right!  Lol

3 hours ago, SXSW said:

I will take that bet. He won't be coaching at DB or anywhere else for at least 5 years, as Ryan stated above, he is going to take time to be a dad. He also has twin girls in 7th or 8th grade I believe and nothing will happen before they are graduate. He is deeply rooted in the Greeneville community and no matter how much money The University of Kingsport throws at him he ain't coaching for a while...DB made their bed with Christian and you know the rest! 

I am kind of new to the DB scene, but yeah, I get the vibe that Christian isn't liked very much.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I am kind of new to the DB scene, but yeah, I get the vibe that Christian isn't liked very much.

A guy that I work with at the Big E always refers to him as "our Akers". There's no doubt DB could become a monster if he ever made that decision, but I honestly don't think he will. He wants to be a Dad and that's very understandable. That's not to say they won't load up the Brinks truck and head that way in the future...lol

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

They have a tremendous basketball coach, he will do great things if left alone..If...I believe that Christian was the back up plan when the coach they really wanted backed out on them...

D-B needs a program overhaul from the ground up, and right now, the talent level in the middle schools is pretty low. Robinson and Sevier won 1 game between them last season, and that was Sevier beating Robinson. D-B lost several linemen, a competent, experienced QB, and arguably the region's best RB from last year. 

On 1/18/2019 at 8:47 PM, JDHoss said:

D-B needs a program overhaul from the ground up, and right now, the talent level in the middle schools is pretty low. Robinson and Sevier won 1 game between them last season, and that was Sevier beating Robinson. D-B lost several linemen, a competent, experienced QB, and arguably the region's best RB from last year. 

The talent level for football is at an all time low for them right now, but DB has always been baseball and basketball first school anyway...baseball is king.