WCYB Friday Night Rivals

Union_Fan

2 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

WCYB announces a weekly televised HS football game in 2019. Wouldn't be surprised by the week 2(Virginia) broadcast, especially with it being in BSG this year.

https://wcyb.com/news/local/news-5-sports-announces-full-season-of-high-school-football-with-friday-night-rivals

I'm already pitching Casey to head to BSG for #TheGame. 

1 hour ago, Tigers_07 said:

im glad they're doing this. be even better if they can somehow do a "SWVA GAMEDAY'' leading up to the big game

They'll do their own pregame like they did last year. 

Now if they can get to announcers worth a crap everything will be fine..PJ all the time yelling and the other guy is over explaining everything. 

2 hours ago, SXSW said:

Now if they can get to announcers worth a crap everything will be fine..PJ all the time yelling and the other guy is over explaining everything. 

I think Casey does a good job.  But yeah, PJ not so much.  Since he has the experience working for ESPN Blacksburg and is an employee of WCYB currently, I vote for a @Ryan4VT and Casey team.

11 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I think Casey does a good job.  But yeah, PJ not so much.  Since he has the experience working for ESPN Blacksburg and is an employee of WCYB currently, I vote for a @Ryan4VT and Casey team.

I would be honored, but I would gladly give that spot to Heather. She doesn’t get enough recognition for how hard she works. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 10:01 AM, Union_Fan said:

WCYB announces a weekly televised HS football game in 2019. Wouldn't be surprised by the week 2(Virginia) broadcast, especially with it being in BSG this year.

https://wcyb.com/news/local/news-5-sports-announces-full-season-of-high-school-football-with-friday-night-rivals

Just as an update, Richlands @ Union will not be featured this season. 

Richlands is not in the WCYB viewing area, and all 10 games we will televise will be between two coverage area teams only. 

Just so no one gets their hopes up. 

14 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Richlands is not in the WCYB viewing area, and all 10 games we will televise will be between two coverage area teams only. 

That's a bummer, but I completely understand. Thanks for the update!

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Is that bc of WVVA or Spectrum?