Central at Gate City

Burrall’s Pearls

19 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Union can't afford to overlook anyone. GC is still gonna win M7, but Union needs to beat everyone else and finish second. 

So close.  Thought we were going to pull that out last night.  You missed a heck of a basketball game man.  Glad I made the drive over after work.

On 1/23/2019 at 6:17 PM, BigWinners said:

But is any team outside of Graham in the SWD/Grayson better than Central and Union? Just curious.

If Richlands hadn’t lost Horn before the season even started and Simmons for the year, I think Richlands could compete with those two. 

On 1/25/2019 at 11:00 AM, Ryan4VT said:

If Richlands hadn’t lost Horn before the season even started and Simmons for the year, I think Richlands could compete with those two. 

Horrible year for injuries, Central and Union have each lost their best player to go with the injuries at GC and Richlands. Shame, you only get 4 years to play high school ball. Kids won’t ever get this time back.

14 hours ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

Horrible year for injuries, Central and Union have each lost their best player to go with the injuries at GC and Richlands. Shame, you only get 4 years to play high school ball. Kids won’t ever get this time back.

Double whammy for Slagle at Union, losing his last two years to injuries basically before they began. He got hurt very early in both seasons. Aside from golf,.Slagle didn't play any other sports (although I've heard rumors he was an excellent football player but played at a position he knew he'd never get) and he lost his junior and senior year to injuries. He's a wonderful kid, anyone else would be incredibly bitter