Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Burrell’s Pearls

GC at Union

Recommended Posts

Been here since 4 pm, the varsity girls are about to start and the Union fans haven’t even filled our side. What a disgrace, anybody who promotes the Union fan base, it’s a farce. See the regional football playoffs for further evidence.

Also, why do we have same officials for JV and Varsity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
 

Well played game. Union did about all they could, just couldn’t get shots to fall late. Fatigue hurt them late I think. Union did a good job on Dean, 10 and 15 hit a few shots late that changed things. The box & 1 worked like it should but it’s hard to cover the whole floor and it’s tough to rebound out of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Other plays stepping up and making big plays for the Devils!! Hats off to them on the win, hats off to Coach Moore and the Bears on a hard fought game, sounds like Moore had a pretty good game plan, things just didn’t bounce their way!!

I feel Union has pretty much locked up 2nd place, as Central loses to Battle on their home court, and will be lucky to win 2 to 3 more ballgames! Somebody for the love of God tell me how you can have so much talent on one team and lose games that you should easily win?

just asking for a friend.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Hate I missed this one.  I knew it would be a battle.  Union shot 50% from the 3 pt line at GC...I knew the likelihood of shooting that well again even at Union was slim.  Those guys can really shoot the ball though. They were absolutely on fire and outplayed GC in almost every facet of the game but rebounding and the scoreboard the last time.   I really thought Union would win this one.  Bright future ahead for the Bears though.   They will have a strong team for the several years to come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Good effort by both teams. Kudos to Compton and Vermillion making some big buckets. Boys games were very entertaining, girls were not. 

GC won the game on the glass and at the 3-point line. 

The officials didn’t impact the game in terms of win/loss for either team, period. With that said, sending a crew to ref 4 games when it’s 1 vs 2 in a AA district is absurd and the AOA should be ashamed of itself. Not fair to the officials who officiated the coaches or the players.

Best of luck to GC the rest of the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
11 hours ago, The U Bear said:

amazing to me union loses its best player and strugles while gatecity loses best player in the region and keeps on winning with less talent than union. scotty v can coach

Even though I believe GC still has more talent. There is one thing I’ve have always been told and believe. And I also believe it’s why GC won last night. Heart > Talent. GC could have folded when they knew Zac wouldn’t play vs WC, they could have folded down double digits to Union last night with Zac out and Dean unable to break out of the triple team. This team found a way to win despite Dean only having 11. That my friend, is pure heart....and Scotty out-coaching Moore in the 2nd half.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
12 hours ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

The officials didn’t impact the game in terms of win/loss for either team, period. With that said, sending a crew to ref 4 games when it’s 1 vs 2 in a AA district is absurd and the AOA should be ashamed of itself. Not fair to the officials who officiated the coaches or the players.

Why don’t you go be an official then? They need more bodies in all sports. Don’t complain, be a part of that change! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 hours ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

Even though I believe GC still has more talent. There is one thing I’ve have always been told and believe. And I also believe it’s why GC won last night. Heart > Talent. GC could have folded when they knew Zac wouldn’t play vs WC, they could have folded down double digits to Union last night with Zac out and Dean unable to break out of the triple team. This team found a way to win despite Dean only having 11. That my friend, is pure heart....and Scotty out-coaching Moore in the 2nd half.  

Depth also played a huge factor. Union was dead by the 4th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
10 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Why don’t you go be an official then? They need more bodies in all sports. Don’t complain, be a part of that change! 

My school doesn’t get gift possessions from the AOA on inadvertent whistles, so maybe I have a different view. 

In all seriousness, I’ve got no gripes with the basketball officiating this season. Yet, the point remains, you can’t have the same people doing all four games when it’s that big of a game. I know that wasn’t the case throughout the region last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...