fort chiswell

Single A west

I wish him a ton if success, if it is indeed Mr. Akers.  Lord knows that he has had to deal with a ton of negativity.  He is after all a human and is dedicating his time to coach young men.  From an outsider looking in, nobody should have to endure the criticism that this man has endured while trying to coach kids.  If it were me, I would have left a long time ago and focused on the people that matter in my life.  

8 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I wish him a ton if success, if it is indeed Mr. Akers.  Lord knows that he has had to deal with a ton of negativity.  He is after all a human and is dedicating his time to coach young men.  From an outsider looking in, nobody should have to endure the criticism that this man has endured while trying to coach kids.  If it were me, I would have left a long time ago and focused on the people that matter in my life.  

Should he have had a safe place and some crayons?  Did you see his record at GC? If I don't do my job the way it's supposed to be done, my employer is going to be critical of me. If you're a football coach and you can't handle that, then that tells me all I need to know about you as a coach. Having said that, I do wish him luck in the future but it's going to take a lot of changing.

Why in the world would Akers get the job over Carroll...Akers takes a traditional winner and turns them into loser.   Carroll takes a traditional loser and turns them into winner.  Is Brent  “big boy” Roberts and Rat quillen making decisions for ft?That’s the only two dumb enough to hire Akers.  

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2019 at 8:33 AM, Blue_Crue said:

Isn't the Principal's brother the basketball and baseball coach? What better way to help your brother out than to hire a less adequate so that basketball and baseball do well! 

hmmmmmmmmmmm  I have heard this before.  Most school divisions have a policy about NEPOTISM, guess Wythe County does not.

33 minutes ago, swvasportsnut said:

hmmmmmmmmmmm  I have heard this before.  Most school divisions have a policy about NEPOTISM, guess Wythe County does not.

Are you kidding? Most schools systems are loaded with relatives of administrators.

1 hour ago, Bluefield researcher said:

Are you kidding? Most schools systems are loaded with relatives of administrators.

Nepotism means direct Supervision.  I know we live in SWVA and that you have relatives working in the same system, but DIRECT SUPERVISION is Nepotism. 

I have known this family since childhood. The younger brother has been baseball and basketball coach a decade longer than the older brother has been principal. How does that equate to nepotism?