Martinsville

Burrall’s Pearls

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:44 AM, RiverRat24 said:

If GC can play close to the way they were playing at the start of the season I like their chances against anyone.  If the same GC team that I've seen as of lately shows up.....the one that chucks up alot of 3s even when they arent going in and doesnt work for good shots....the season ends for the Devils this Friday.  This team is very capable of another title but I havent seen that drive from them since December.  The dogs will turn the dial up on defense so the Devils better be ready for the pressure.  

I disagree.  When Zac got hurt, the team could have easily folded.  Instead "role players" became scorers.  If those "role players" continue to take shots and contribute, the sky is the limit.  I think the team became better after the Ervin injury, now if they can put that together with Zac like they did during the 4th qtr at Graham, we can repeat.  

15 minutes ago, Leatherhead Larry said:

I disagree.  When Zac got hurt, the team could have easily folded.  Instead "role players" became scorers.  If those "role players" continue to take shots and contribute, the sky is the limit.  I think the team became better after the Ervin injury, now if they can put that together with Zac like they did during the 4th qtr at Graham, we can repeat.  

Thats the issue though.   Everyone with eyes knows GC is better with Zac and it's not even close.  But the team had developed good chemistry without him and those role players knew they had to step up to win games which in theory should pay dividends.  However, now that hes back.....the role players dont seem to get involved as much (aside from the 4th qtr vs Graham).  If those guys will continue to step up and all contribute now with Zac back in the fold  instead of taking the backseat and watching the Brad and Zac show then yes.....I agree they have a a chance at it again.  But almost anyone that's watched them all year would agree....the team right before Zac went out looked like a shell of what it was at the beginning of the season.  The first glimpse of that same team was the end of the game against the Gmen.  If they can sustain that for 4 qtrs.....its gonna get interesting. 

Martinsville led by 2 entering the 4th and then couldn't get anything to fall. Ervin took over in the 4th like D1 player should and put the Devils on his back to the finish. The Dogs cut it to 2 with 24 seconds to go but could get no closer as Ervin hit 4 fts to close it out. Good luck to GC Tuesday, going to be alot of talent on the floor. 

Martinsville keeping it close was no surprise.  The dogs play great defense and GC played into the game plan of MHS and still found a way to come away with the W.  So that's big time for the Devils.  If someone had told me before the game that GC would play into the MHS style I would have said that GC loses this game.  Great win for the Devils and congrats on a great season to the Dogs.  

MHS give Radford all they could stand for 3.5 qtrs the last game and kept it below double digits until the final minutes when a couple 3 pt buckets stretched the lead out.  The dogs were a legit contender.  They held both Radford and now GC below 50 pts.  That's all that needs to be said.