Lee Has a Vacancy

Unchained

It will be interesting to see who all puts in for this job. On the outside it has all the makings of a good job, but there are a lot of problems that come along with that job. Average life of a coach there is 3 years or less. Coming off a 2-8 season In the tougheat district in Southwest Virginia, with some of the teams who haven’t been good the last few years getting a lot better. 

Like him or dislike him Pendergraft worked his butt off, but the parents never saw that, which is part of the problem. Expectations are extremely high every year.

5 minutes ago, Grapeape said:

Was Coomer the coach when Tyler Graham ran for over 500 yards in a loss to JJK? 

He may have been on the staff but he wasn't head coach, Palko (another they shouldn't have let go) was the head man.  Coomer was the HC the year before Palko and I believe he was a coordinator under Sanders.

9 hours ago, Beamerball said:

He may have been on the staff but he wasn't head coach, Palko (another they shouldn't have let go) was the head man.  Coomer was the HC the year before Palko and I believe he was a coordinator under Sanders.

I thought the same about about Palko.

They should sniff around Harlan County for a hungry young coach. They’re sure not going to lure away a young Wise County HC. I hope they get a good one & go 9-1 forever; no community / school needs the benefits of a successful football program more. 

It isn’t that easy to just leave after you have started at a school. Yes, there are a ton of loop holes, but you still have do jump through some hoops. If any kids leave Lee, I could see them going to TW since it is in county. A few less hoops to jump through, but I don’t see that happening either. Look for the same stuff to continue, just different man in charge.

On 3/16/2019 at 11:12 PM, Grapeape said:

They should sniff around Harlan County for a hungry young coach. They’re sure not going to lure away a young Wise County HC. I hope they get a good one & go 9-1 forever; no community / school needs the benefits of a successful football program more. 

On 3/15/2019 at 7:15 PM, Grapeape said:

Why don't you go ahead and apply for the job?  You have applied for many others.  Don't forget, the Marion job is open as well.

On 3/17/2019 at 1:02 PM, f00tba11c0ach said:

It isn’t that easy to just leave after you have started at a school. Yes, there are a ton of loop holes, but you still have do jump through some hoops. If any kids leave Lee, I could see them going to TW since it is in county. A few less hoops to jump through, but I don’t see that happening either. Look for the same stuff to continue, just different man in charge.

Sure are a lot of hoops in Lee County...