New Head Coach

Bro Code

Saw where Tyler Webb was hired by Twin Springs as their new basketball coach. Any of the other head positions in the area been filled yet? Abingdon, Northwood, Marion, Lee, Tazewell, Galax or Burton?

On 4/15/2019 at 9:15 AM, Bro Code said:

Saw where Tyler Webb was hired by Twin Springs as their new basketball coach. Any of the other head positions in the area been filled yet? Abingdon, Northwood, Marion, Lee, Tazewell, Galax or Burton?

Please tell me he goes by Ty, because boy oh boy, I’ve got some quotes if he does.

1 hour ago, UVAObserver said:

Please tell me he goes by Ty, because boy oh boy, I’ve got some quotes if he does.

I give up.  I've inserted a meme into this a half-dozen times and it keeps screwing up.  We have had massive network issues all week at work.  I would be more productive anywhere else at this point!

• 1 month later...

New Boys Basketball Head Coach at Tazewell High School, Omar Reed

Allen Gregory @Greg_BHCSports

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Chad Lipes is the new varsity boys head basketball coach at Galax.  Lipes played basketball at Covington High School and Lynchburg College.  He was a graduate assistant at Lynchburg last season.

Longtime assistant Glenn Burnett is taking over the varsity girls program.

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:44 AM, swvasportsnut said:

Has George Wythe named a new Head Boys Coach yet??

Tim Hayes @Hayes_BHCSports

Tony Dunford is the new boys basketball coach at George Wythe per principal Dante Lee. Dunford's previous coaching stops included a stint as the boss at Christiansburg. #VHSL #HCBB

great state

Brian Woodson Retweeted

Herald CourierVerified account @heraldcourier
Steve Posey is the new head boys basketball coach at John Battle High School and he’s a guy who knows a thing or two about the program.

great state

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2019 at 7:41 AM, sixcat said:

Good coach, I can't argue that.  But he gets off on bullying kids.  He did it to us when I was in school at Carroll and he did it to a lot of kids at Galax. 

Good riddance!

Bullying Kids is not good, Did you play for him? 

48 minutes ago, GBBall Coach said:

Bullying Kids is not good, Did you play for him? 

He's always been a girls coach so, no.  Had him for gym in 10th grade.  His players mostly love him from what I understand.  Almost everyone else, don't!!!!!

Just now, GBBall Coach said:

Thanks. Coach Glenn Burnett should do a good job for Galax for what I understand. Good X's and O's coach 

I don't know him but he has some talent to work with.  He will have a freshman that will leave a mark on high school basketball in Virginia before she's done.  Superb D1 talent and stands about 6'-2" tall!

21 hours ago, sixcat said:

I don't know him but he has some talent to work with.  He will have a freshman that will leave a mark on high school basketball in Virginia before she's done.  Superb D1 talent and stands about 6'-2" tall!

Wow 6-2. They also have the Foxx girls coming back and she is super strong and quick . Plus a couple of other nice pieces 

2 hours ago, GBBall Coach said:

Wow 6-2. They also have the Foxx girls coming back and she is super strong and quick . Plus a couple of other nice pieces 

The freshman is Foxx's younger sister, Kyraha Parnell.  Her dad is the varsity baseball coach, 8th grade boys basketball coach, JV football coach and varsity assistant football coach.