UNION QB ???

jarhead24219

21 hours ago, HaloSports2 said:

I thought you tucked tail and just on the bandwagon of a Tennessee school.  Good to see you still care.

Lol.  Priorities man.  Yes, I will be primarily at D-B events moving forward because my girlfriend's son goes to school and is a student athlete there.  It's very possible also that in a few years, I will be a Letcher Central fan, since that is where my daughter will eventually be going to high school.

I will still be at Ridgeview events when it doesn't conflict with anything else.  I didn't tuck my tail and run.  :-)

52 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Lol.  Priorities man.  Yes, I will be primarily at D-B events moving forward because my girlfriend's son goes to school and is a student athlete there.  It's very possible also that in a few years, I will be a Letcher Central fan, since that is where my daughter will eventually be going to high school.

I will still be at Ridgeview events when it doesn't conflict with anything else.  I didn't tuck my tail and run.  🙂

Gotcha man, just giving you a hard time

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I will still be at Ridgeview events when it doesn't conflict with anything else.  I didn't tuck my tail and run.  :-)

I thought maybe Barry Ruff scared you away?

i kid i kid 

1 hour ago, HaloSports2 said:

Gotcha man, just giving you a hard time

I thought you may have been... no hard feelings... @rvtne216 and @Ryan4VT give me grief on it too sometimes.  :-)

1 hour ago, packfan17 said:

I thought maybe Barry Ruff scared you away?

i kid i kid 

Oh Lord... let's not go there.  I'd rather just put that in the past and forget about it.

On 5/9/2019 at 9:21 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

I will still be at Ridgeview events when it doesn't conflict with anything else.  I didn't tuck my tail and run.  🙂

I hope you enjoy the mediocrity of DB sports, football is going to be terrible and Browder their best basketball player just transferred to Christ School in Asheville. The baseball is solid and track and field is good...enjoy the most overrated sports program in the TSSAA.  

1 hour ago, SXSW said:

I hope you enjoy the mediocrity of DB sports, football is going to be terrible and Browder their best basketball player just transferred to Christ School in Asheville. The baseball is solid and track and field is good...enjoy the most overrated sports program in the TSSAA.  

Oh well... will probably be more enjoyable than sitting through another 1-9 football season in Scott County.

17 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Oh well... will probably be more enjoyable than sitting through another 1-9 football season in Scott County.

But it won't be like that forever....football is cyclical and the cycle always turns around...I have live in Kingsport for the last 27 years and it's always the same with DB. Tons of potential and then the crushing reality..

On 5/13/2019 at 9:13 AM, swva_havok_fan said:

how can you argue his point? Has any team in the area underachieved like DB has for the most part? I don't think so 

9 hours ago, BigWinners said:

how can you argue his point? Has any team in the area underachieved like DB has for the most part? I don't think so 

I'm just saying that I'll have more fun sitting in the stands at a game with the person I love, win or lose, than the folks in GC will have.

Besides, I am pretty certain that DB could beat just about any SWVA school in any sport with the exception of softball and girls basketball.  Graham would most likely bear DB in football, but that's the only SWVA team I could see doing it.

21 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I'm just saying that I'll have more fun sitting in the stands at a game with the person I love, win or lose, than the folks in GC will have.

Besides, I am pretty certain that DB could beat just about any SWVA school in any sport with the exception of softball and girls basketball.  Graham would most likely bear DB in football, but that's the only SWVA team I could see doing it.

Abingdon's Baseball team just said "Hold my gatorade"

You see what I did there. 

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Spoken like a true DB fan..they all say we may not be good but we can beat up on all the little guys...LOL! If DB is as bad in football this year as it looks like it will be, a lot of teams could beat them. The two middle school teams won one game and it was against each other..

5 hours ago, Falcon Mania said:

Abingdon's Baseball team just said "Hold my gatorade"

You see what I did there. 

They did split indeed.

2 hours ago, SXSW said:

Spoken like a true DB fan..they all say we may not be good but we can beat up on all the little guys...LOL! If DB is as bad in football this year as it looks like it will be, a lot of teams could beat them. The two middle school teams won one game and it was against each other..

I'm not arguing with you anymore dude... Think what you want.

8 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Over the past 6-8 years, I'm very confident Union wins 3-4 games in football.   And that's with 5-10x the enrollment

Just now, BigWinners said:

Sorry you're so arrogant that you believe DB would just roll over Union. 

I said I was done talking about it. If you all want to hate on me, go right on ahead. This topic isn't about that anyway. It's about Union. Hell I don't even remember now what even brought me up. If I brought me up, then I apologize. I don't particularly care anymore. Talk about the great and powerful Union Bears. Hell I bet they could probably beat Mater Dei as awesome and powerful as they are. Rest of the Mountain 7 don't even need to take the field this season. 

49 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Sorry you're so arrogant that you believe DB would just roll over Union. 

Honestly, in the current age, Union’s best team probably goes toe-to-toe with DB’s worst team.  It’s sheer strength in numbers.  DB should be head-and-shoulders better than SWVA schools, and that’s OK.  It’s why DB doesn’t play SWVA schools in football.  Win, they’re supposed to steamroll schools with 1/3 to 1/4 their enrollment.  Lose, and they’re a laughingstock.

3 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I said I was done talking about it. If you all want to hate on me, go right on ahead. This topic isn't about that anyway. It's about Union. Hell I don't even remember now what even brought me up. If I brought me up, then I apologize. I don't particularly care anymore. Talk about the great and powerful Union Bears. Hell I bet they could probably beat Mater Dei as awesome and powerful as they are. Rest of the Mountain 7 don't even need to take the field this season. 

Now you're being a dick. When I have EVER been an over the top Union homer? 

you're being WWWAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY more sensitive about DB than I am about Union.

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Honestly, in the current age, Union’s best team probably goes toe-to-toe with DB’s worst team.  It’s sheer strength in numbers.  DB should be head-and-shoulders better than SWVA schools, and that’s OK.  It’s why DB doesn’t play SWVA schools in football.  Win, they’re supposed to steamroll schools with 1/3 to 1/4 their enrollment.  Lose, and they’re a laughingstock.

I agree for the most part. But DB has fallen on hard times and some of their recent teams have not been much better, if any better, than the best of SWVA. But on the average you're totally right

The BIGGER SCHOOL rule does not really stand up, D B gut thumped by GREENVILLE,Union played Betsy on even terms,Appo played and beat bigger schools. Here is a quote from my former coach and former D B head coach GRAHAM CLARK: X's and O's will match up on every great program but the jimmy and joes who come off the bench to fill your holes in the 4th quarter will be the difference. He also compared the OLD LPD schools who won state to being as good as if not better than those teams who won state there, but numbers count.It is easier to find 22 great players in a school of 3000 than it is in a school of 700.

Greenville had a great run so did Appo, as well as PV,APPY ,GILES,GRETNA AND OTHERS. D B has under achieved for sure but thats the game.

4 hours ago, #BBN said:

so who will be the QB for Union next year?  I hear that Jones has transferred to Great Crossing High School in Georgetown, KY.

As of right now my son say their are 2 different kids that could slide in to that spot. He said hard to tell until summer work outs start

On 5/15/2019 at 1:13 PM, SXSW said:

Our grandson played for Robinson, and will be on the freshman team at D-B this year. Both Robinson and Seveir have struggled badly. In the coming years, last year's 4-6 record may be looked back on as a fond memory for D-B fans.