Castlewood ?

bucfan64

Now that Darrell Taylor has stepped down, who will be taking the job at Castlewood? Hate to see Taylor go, he is one of the good guys, hard working, old school mentality, great work ethic.

I've heard that a former coach may be in line to come back, thoughts?

I have heard two names for sure.

Hearing a lot of chatter about David Scammell coming back to be the head coach again, if it is true it will be interesting.

Also hearing some talk about Chris Crabtree interviewing for a job in Russell County as well, which means he will apply for it if he gets hired to teach. 

Will be interesting to see what happens, but either way it will take some time and work for whoever gets it. 

Does anyone have any clue what is going on in Castlewood, I am hearing a lot of rumors about principal leaving, Taylor might still be the coach, some guy from our of town wanting the job, still hearing Scammell a lot? This has been the most hectic whirlwind in SWVA to this point. Can anyone shed any light on this subject?

21 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

Thats somewhat of an overstatement given some of the other threads regarding coaching changes in the area.

I never said this was the biggest thing to happen this off season, didn't even say it has been the most interesting, I made a statement about the craziness of this job. No other place has a coach resigned and now after a month might be coming back. No other job had this little or no interest for the coaching position. This has simply been a cluster from day 1 and it still seems to be. I mean we are getting ready to hit June and they don't have a coach. I mean now they are talking about getting rid of a principal to bring back a guy who went 3-7 last year. Taylor is an awesome guy and should be left alone for what he has had to deal with over there, but I mean really.