Stout

BoBob

8 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

Exceedingly rare for a kicker to get a guaranteed scholarship, but that’s indeed what the offer is.  Congrats!

It is. That’s why he’s leaving VT. Fuente won’t put him on scholarship 

15 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Agree but not big on giving kickers or punters a free ride...just my opinion though

5 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Why? They do more for your program than the 7th CB on the roster that's on scholly....

And a lot of teams are giving scholarships to the guy getting them the football. 

Kicker and punters can't help yea if they dont get the snap. 

Without a doubt a kicker can be a weapon.  If a offense has to start off at their 25 every time or worse yet you get a kid who can hang it up on the kickoff and drop it around the 10-5 yards line so the coverage in there when they catch it.  No offense wants to start off inside their 10 each time after a team scores. 

1 hour ago, BoBob said:

And a lot of teams are giving scholarships to the guy getting them the football. 

Kicker and punters can't help yea if they dont get the snap. 

Without a doubt a kicker can be a weapon.  If a offense has to start off at their 25 every time or worse yet you get a kid who can hang it up on the kickoff and drop it around the 10-5 yards line so the coverage in there when they catch it.  No offense wants to start off inside their 10 each time after a team scores. 

No doubt they can...but imo I just wouldn't do it unless I had extra schoolies...and it would be year to year in that case...but then again aren't all of them technically year to year anyway lol

1 hour ago, Hokiebird7 said:

No doubt they can...but imo I just wouldn't do it unless I had extra schoolies...and it would be year to year in that case...but then again aren't all of them technically year to year anyway lol

They are from year to year from my understanding.  Also remember with D1 ball you can't offer partial scholarships, they are either full of nothing. 

Clemson I know has the kicker on a full ride and the punter on a full ride. 

The punter will be a freshman this upcoming year and was offered a full ride in HS from the Tigers.