Top Baseball Seniors in SWVA

I’m not touching the “who’s the best seniors” for the Bearcats with a 10 foot pole, but I will echo @Falcon Mania and say Tanner Barrs is the best hitter in SWVA and even if you add in NETN, he’s second only behind Gavin Cross for Tn. High. TJ Taylor is also a really, really good baseball player that can play multiple positions, very well.

Trey Brown and the Cole kid for Richlands are good ball players too. (I think they’re both seniors.) Simmons is a really good player, but I’m not sure what year he is.

Nate Bailey for Union is another good one I’ve seen this year.

A few more I’ve seen do some good things this season are....

Moore (JSB)

Osborne (Marion. Another one I’m not 100% sure of what grade he’s in)

I can’t speak on the Graham kids yet. We haven’t played them, but we do play them twice this week. 

14 minutes ago, Hokie777 said:

We are doing our FCA Va -Tenn All Star Senior Baseball game at Tenn High , June 11th.. need some strong pitching versus Tenn!

That may be a tough one outside of Dixon for VHS and Taylor at Abingdon. Outside of those two, most of the good pitchers in SWVA are underclassmen.

EDIT: I forgot about Bailey for Union. If I’m not mistaken, he threw well in the FCA tournament at the beginning of the season when Union beat Boone. 

EDIT #2: If the Parker kid at Tazewell is a senior, he throws it pretty well too.

The Tn. side is loaded with hitters! 

EDIT #3: Jeez, I forgot Moore at JSB as well.

6 hours ago, Hokie777 said:

What about the kid from Bland? Jake Watters..heard he has signed for West VA.

Saw him play basketball and he is a very good athlete...heard he is a very good football player as well....so don't surprise me he is a good baseball player as well

Know his dad and Jake seems like a very good kid the couple times I've talked to him

On 5/7/2019 at 4:21 PM, Hokiebird7 said:

Saw him play basketball and he is a very good athlete...heard he is a very good football player as well....so don't surprise me he is a good baseball player as well

Know his dad and Jake seems like a very good kid the couple times I've talked to him

I know Jake too and he's a great athlete and all around good kid. He actually chose not to play football his senior year but played basketball and has had some impressive outings in baseball this season which isn't surprising. Mabe boy from.GW is good also but not sure if he's a senior. 

12 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

I know Jake too and he's a great athlete and all around good kid. He actually chose not to play football his senior year but played basketball and has had some impressive outings in baseball this season which isn't surprising. Mabe boy from.GW is good also but not sure if he's a senior. 

I was thinking Mabe as well, so I did a little research and his PG profile says he’s in the class of 2020.