Mountain 7 District BB Tournament

33 minutes ago, Falcon Mania said:

Does anyone know any info on the district tournament?  Seeding? Locations?

Haven't really heard anything but it should be starting next week correct?

Yes.  I believe Union and Lee is the last regular season game on Monday.  I would guess the tournament would start on Tuesday.  First round is always at higher seed and the semis and finals would be at Abingdon since they're the regular season champion I'm pretty sure.

Seeding?  Only top two have been determined.  Everything else is up for grabs.

1. Abingdon
  2. John Battle
  3. Gate City/Union/Wise Central
  4. Gate City/Union/Wise Central
  5. Gate City/Union/Wise Central
  6. Lee High/Ridgeview
  7. Lee High/Ridgeview

Lee and Ridgeview play today.  If Lee wins then they're the 6 and Ridgeview is the 7.  If Ridgeview wins, then coin toss determines 6/7.  Not sure what the Gate City, Union and Wise Central scenarios are.

i dont kmow if this is correct but i was told by a union coach that union was the 3 seed based on the tie breakers. he said they go to head to head and they all split so then it goes to runs scred. union outscred gc and was even with central. he said the fact that central lost to lee in the fca tourney and if union beats lee on monday then union is the 3 and central 4 because central outscored gc. thats what i was told so i dont know if thats accurate

23 hours ago, The U Bear said:

i dont kmow if this is correct but i was told by a union coach that union was the 3 seed based on the tie breakers. he said they go to head to head and they all split so then it goes to runs scred. union outscred gc and was even with central. he said the fact that central lost to lee in the fca tourney and if union beats lee on monday then union is the 3 and central 4 because central outscored gc. thats what i was told so i dont know if thats accurate

I heard if Central, Union and Gate City all finished the regular season tied it would be decided by a coin flip, but if they go by head to head like U Bear is saying. Wouldn't that make Gate City the 5 seed and since Central and Union outscored GC. and then they were even head to head so would there not be a coin flip between them. Not really sure on how the loss to Lee in the FCA tournament effects them cause it doesn't count towards conference play for Lee or Central. Central beat Lee twice in the regular season and Union and Lee play on Monday (May 13th)

9 hours ago, UK_Baseball said:

I heard if Central, Union and Gate City all finished the regular season tied it would be decided by a coin flip, but if they go by head to head like U Bear is saying. Wouldn't that make Gate City the 5 seed and since Central and Union outscored GC. and then they were even head to head so would there not be a coin flip between them. Not really sure on how the loss to Lee in the FCA tournament effects them cause it doesn't count towards conference play for Lee or Central. Central beat Lee twice in the regular season and Union and Lee play on Monday (May 13th)

i agree with you. i dont kmow how the fca game would matter. thats just what i was told by a union coach. maybe its jus wishful thinking. union has to beat lee first or it wont matter

1 hour ago, 50kw said:

Games scheduled for Thursday May 16th:

No. 7 Ridgeview at No. 2 John Battle

No. 6 Lee High at No. 3 Union

No. 5 Central at No. 4 Gate City

Saturday May 18th @ Abingdon High School

No. 1 Abingdon vs winner No. 5 Central at No. 4 Gate City

No. 7 Ridgeview at No. 2 John Battle winner vs No. 6 Lee High at No. 3 Union winner

I guess that's what the schedule will look like

1 hour ago, grandpaw trojan said:

do you know where the games will be played?

Battle will host Ridgeview

Union will host Lee

GC will host Central, hearing several different sites for this game, heard it could be played a Grogan Park or Domtar Park in Kingsport.

12 hours ago, The U Bear said:

any idea what game times are for saturday games at abingdon?

District Tournament Semi Finals at Abingdon on Sat.

Game 1 is at 4:30. Teams TBD. 

Abingdon will play the winner of the 4/5 game at
7 pm

Championship will be played on Monday according to the BHC.  Not sure what time though