Region 1D and Region 2D Baseball/Softball

#BBN

41 minutes ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

Yes, everyone knows you. Hope to see you there! Go Bears! You do well supporting football and basketball, I’ve not seen you at a baseball game all year?

Baseball's not my fav sport but I'll try and make it Monday to support the kids.

Union survives 5-3. Grayson left a small village on base. Hunter Anderson with big time pitching.

I’m sure if GC had it to do over they’d walked Baker. His homerun was the difference and they had a base free. 

Not sure we’ve got anything for Lebanon but man what a hell of a ride this has been. I’d never dreamed they’d be a game away from the state tournament when this year began. 

1 hour ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

Union survives 5-3. Grayson left a small village on base. Hunter Anderson with big time pitching.

I’m sure if GC had it to do over they’d walked Baker. His homerun was the difference and they had a base free. 

Not sure we’ve got anything for Lebanon but man what a hell of a ride this has been. I’d never dreamed they’d be a game away from the state tournament when this year began. 

The pitching decisions flummoxed me at first, but then I was told the starter hit his limit (he was good, only run came after catcher dropped a third strike that would have ended the inning), the ace was uncomfortable coming out of the pen and gave up a couple runs and then was pulled so he could start Wednesday against Lebanon and their probable ace, the best pitcher in 2A SWVA. Timely hitting, excellent fielding and smart baserunning really helped Bears but hurt GC. At least once, a runner was stopped at third when he would have been safe at home. 

But agreed, HR proved to be the difference. GC is really young but lose their best player, the stud pitcher going to UVa-Wise.

Central goes down to Lebanon 14-4...................was up 4-3 going into the bottom of the 6th, with Bishop on the mound and the pitch count forced him out of the game.   Collins, Stanley, and Brickey all come into pitch in the 6th and just could not get out of the inning and went into the 7th inning down 14-4.  Lebanon brought the lefty Buchanan in and he closed the game out.

Good Luck to the remaining teams, bring back a state championship to this end of the state!!!

1 hour ago, #BBN said:

Central goes down to Lebanon 14-4...................was up 4-3 going into the bottom of the 6th, with Bishop on the mound and the pitch count forced him out of the game.   Collins, Stanley, and Brickey all come into pitch in the 6th and just could not get out of the inning and went into the 7th inning down 14-4.  Lebanon brought the lefty Buchanan in and he closed the game out.

Good Luck to the remaining teams, bring back a state championship to this end of the state!!!

I heard Bishop pitched really well.  You definitely have to keep that lineup off balance.  They can hit fastballs.  

2 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

I heard Bishop pitched really well.  You definitely have to keep that lineup off balance.  They can hit fastballs.  

He did pitch well, Lebanon left a village on the base paths and ran up his pitch count but he always seemed to buckle down when he needed to and avoid a big inning.

4 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Hope the Mountain 7 can pull some magic tomorrow afternoon, but I think the SWD will sweep all four stick and ball matchups tomorrow.  Maybe one of the three schools (Richlands, Virginia High or Lebanon) can bring back some hardware from Radford in a couple weeks time.

Battle isn't a slouch, maybe they can win against VHS, but I don't see anyone else being close.

20 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Battle isn't a slouch, maybe they can win against VHS, but I don't see anyone else being close.

It doesn't matter the records or the stakes in Battle vs. VA High!  It is always a close game!  It usually comes down to a couple plays no matter what.  

1 hour ago, FoxTrot said:

It doesn't matter the records or the stakes in Battle vs. VA High!  It is always a close game!  It usually comes down to a couple plays no matter what.  

Absolutely. Since Wise fell off, VHS and JSB have consistently been the two best 2A SWVA baseball schools. VHS is prob better on paper but as you said anything can happen. Hell Union stole one from Battle and almost did the same v Abingdon, anything can happen! 

Tim Hayes @Hayes_BHCSports

#VHSL Baseball, Region 1D Tournament, Semifinals, Final Score: Chilhowie Warriors 17, J.I. Burton Raiders 6.

Chilhowie is in the state tournament for first time since 2012. Warriors play in Region 1D finals tomorrow at 5 p.m. at Emory & Henry College.

great state

Tim Hayes @Hayes_BHCSports

Virginia High vs. John Battle tomorrow night in semifinals of #VHSL Region 2D baseball tournament.
Fourth time the programs have played in the regional tourney (2019, 2017, 2012, 1988).
Battle won the three previous regional tournament clashes.

great state

Allen Gregory @Greg_BHCSports

Region 1D baseball title game between Patrick Henry and Chilhowie has been postponed until Thursday afternoon at 3 at Emory & Henry. Heavy rain currently with lightning. #hcbb

great state

The following tweet about times for softball games at Lebanon tomorrow is reverse of earlier tweet above... Please confirm correct time on twitter/great state

Brian Woodson @BHCWoodson

#vhsl Region 2D softball semifinals at Lebanon have been rained out. Will be played tomorrow.

Richlands/John Battle at 2, 

Lebanon/Union at 4,   per @lebnewsports

great state