Region 1D and Region 2D Baseball/Softball

#BBN

Rodney Young Retweeted

Virginian Sports @VirginianSports
Region C baseball final scheduled for Casey Field Friday night. Has been moved to Auburn High School. Galax vs. Auburn

Timesland @Timesland 
REGION 2C BASEBALL: Heading to the bottom of the 7th with Fort Chiswell’s season on the line. Appomattox County leads 5-2 after third hit by the Bambino, Conner Patterson.#timesland

great state

Timesland @Timesland

REGION 2C BASEBALL: Final score, Appomattox County 5, Fort Chiswell 2.#timesland

Tim Hayes Retweeted
 Fort Chiswell @fortchiswell
Fort Chiswell baseball loses to Appomattox 5-2. Thanks to everyone that made the season a success

Tim Hayes Retweeted
 AHSFalconsBaseball @AtownBSBL
Final: Lord Botetourt 13 Abingdon 7

BristolSports @BHCSports
East Carolina freshman Thomas Francisco (Abingdon) will carry a .307 batting average into Friday's game and leads the local contingent in the #NCAABaseball Tourney:

great state

Tim Hayes @Hayes_BHCSports

#VHSL Class 2 State Baseball Tournament Field:

Lebanon, John Battle, Chatham, Appomattox, Stuarts Draft, Page County, Nandua, King William. #HCBH

#VHSL Class 1 State Baseball Tournament Field:

Patrick Henry, Chilhowie, Galax, Auburn, Riverheads, William Campbell, Lancaster, Colonial Beach. #HCBH 

#VHSL Class 3 State Baseball Tournament Field:

Abingdon, Lord Botetourt, Fluvanna County, Brookville, Park View-South Hill, Tabb, Brentsville District, Warren County.

#VHSL Class 1 State Softball Tournament Field: Northwood, Patrick Henry, Auburn, Parry McCluer, Rappahannock, Northumberland, Rappahannock County, Riverheads.

#VHSL Class 2 State Softball Tournament Field: Lebanon, Richlands. Dan River, Floyd County, Page County, Madison County, Nottoway, Amelia County.

great state

53 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Lebanon beats Richlands 1-0 for Region D Championship. Lebanon plays Dan River at home while Richlands travels to Floyd County. What are the chances these two SWD teams play for state championship? Who wins? 

(1) More likely than not.

(2) Lebanon.

22 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

(1) More likely than not.

(2) Lebanon.

Nope. 

Paige vs. Lebanon is my guess. And Paige repeats. Blues just can’t get a hit when it’s needed. 

2 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Nope. 

Paige vs. Lebanon is my guess. And Paige repeats. Blues just can’t get a hit when it’s needed. 

Is it that Lebanon can at least come close to matching the talent in the circle but have had a slightly more reliable, more timely offense that has been the difference? 

Didn't see a softball game all year so I have no idea, but some of the box scores you saw from both team's aces were incredible. Richlands was more publicized on here so maybe I was more aware of the Blues stud, but how does the Pioneers ace compare? 

3 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Nope. 

They could have at least tied with one on 3rd, bunt the dang ball drive the run in instead of hoping for a big hit. Missed opportunities. You've got the best pitcher in the state, work on hitting for Pete's sake. They've got solid hitters in Short, Earls, Newberry, Earls, & Osborne. They all played for same travel ball coach is my understanding, I'd be asking him to help. No reason those girls shouldn't have had a ring before now in my opinion, others may disagree. 

9 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Is it that Lebanon can at least come close to matching the talent in the circle but have had a slightly more reliable, more timely offense that has been the difference? 

Didn't see a softball game all year so I have no idea, but some of the box scores you saw from both team's aces were incredible. Richlands was more publicized on here so maybe I was more aware of the Blues stud, but how does the Pioneers ace compare? 

Mac Osborne pitches much harder and faster than Morrison. Mac is the best pitcher in the state in my opinion. Morrison isn't bad but Osborne is much better. 

6 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

They could have at least tied with one on 3rd, bunt the dang ball drive the run in instead of hoping for a big hit. Missed opportunities. You've got the best pitcher in the state, work on hitting for Pete's sake. They've got solid hitters in Short, Earls, Newberry, Earls, & Osborne. They all played for same travel ball coach is my understanding, I'd be asking him to help. No reason those girls shouldn't have had a ring before now in my opinion, others may disagree. 

Hitting has been the bugaboo all year long. The number of runners they’ve left stranded is probably a staggering number. In that game against Lebanon for the right to host the tournament, they left something like 11 or 12 on and never actually scored. 

Mac is the better pitcher, IMO. She just needs run support in the big games. 

Her line yesterday was 6 IP, 1 ER, 6 K, 3 H, 1 BB. That should be a winning line, not a losing one. 

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

Hitting has been the bugaboo all year long. The number of runners they’ve left stranded is probably a staggering number. In that game against Lebanon for the right to host the tournament, they left something like 11 or 12 on and never actually scored. 

Mac is the better pitcher, IMO. She just needs run support in the big games. 

Her line yesterday was 6 IP, 1 ER, 6 K, 3 H, 1 BB. That should be a winning line, not a losing one. 

Absolutely agree! They leave way too many on base, don't take advantage of opportunities; truly they should be defending two straight state championships instead of fighting to get their first. 

Page is not as strong as last year. Madison’s all everything pitcher (Estes) can only hit due to a shoulder injury. With her in the circle, they would have had a GREAT shot at the title. With Seale pitching, Probably not.  

I just think softball in SWVA is not as strong as it is in central VA and the Valley. 

Lebanon shouldn’t have an issue with Dan River on Tuesday. The question will be if Morrison can go back to back on Friday and Saturday, cause I’m not sure Hamm can get a win on Friday to get Morrison fresh for Saturday. 

I’d love a Richlands Lebanon title game. I just think it’ll be hard to keep Paige out. 

Tim Hayes Retweeted

Cody Elliott @Cody_DNRSports 

SOFTBALL, 2B CHAMPIONSHIP: @PageCountyHS 5, @madisonpride 0.

Sabrina Foltz pitched a complete game, giving up just three hits and a walk while striking out six. Morgan Lucas was 2-for-3 with a two-run homer while Brooklynn Fridley and Taylor Umberger had two hits and an RBI each.

great state

12 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

Yet they won Region B? 

Buffalo gap was the best team in the Shenandoah this year. They beat Page to win the Shenandoah tourney. Madison beat Page twice in the regular season. The best team does not always win. Page is good though. Not a lot of difference between Madison (hurt by injuries), Page (best hitting of the three) and BG. Page might win the state again. Getting out of the Region may have been the hardest test this year. But you never hear anything about the Region A teams until you play them so who knows?  

On 6/2/2019 at 11:32 AM, Bearcat Bob said:

Page is not as strong as last year. Madison’s all everything pitcher (Estes) can only hit due to a shoulder injury. With her in the circle, they would have had a GREAT shot at the title. With Seale pitching, Probably not.  

I just think softball in SWVA is not as strong as it is in central VA and the Valley. 

The top of SWVA is every bit as strong.  I think depth is the determining factor there.

2 hours ago, Widespread_Panic said:

Didn't you have this same take about basketball? 

Overall yes. Not saying that there cannot be one team that is very strong coming out of SWVA...there usually is. But from my perspective of being from (and loving) SWVA sports to living in the Shenandoah area, has given me a different view. 

I think there is much more depth of talent in other areas of the state. And that is a huge change from my views growing up.