Region 1D and Region 2D Baseball/Softball

#BBN

On 5/19/2019 at 11:35 AM, #BBN said:

Has the Region 1D softball tournament bracket been put out yet, or is their games still to be played to determine the seeds?

The Hogoheegee finals and consolation are still to be played today... The Region 1D brackets will look something like this...

Softball:

• Northwood vs. Rye Cove/Grundy winner
  • Council vs. Twin Springs
  • Honaker vs. Patrick Henry
  • Eastside vs. Chilhowie
Edited by swva_havok_fan
After Hogoheegee consolation game

On 5/17/2019 at 2:47 PM, swva_havok_fan said:

Wrong.  Council beat Grundy yesterday in the BDD semis... it will either be Grundy or Twin Valley.  🙂

Yep, the Cove travels to Grundy Wednesday it looks like.  Should be an interesting game as both lost a lot from last years opening round matchup I do believe. that Grundy won 1-0 on the last play of the game.

23 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

Yep, the Cove travels to Grundy Wednesday it looks like.  Should be an interesting game as both lost a lot from last years opening round matchup I do believe. that Grundy won 1-0 on the last play of the game.

Yep... but the ironman award goes to Thomas Walker who has to travel to Twin Valley (which they should win) and Chilhowie in back to back games.

3 hours ago, #BBN said:

Where does Grundy play softball at? Is it at their high school?

There is a softball field up at Enoch's Branch, which is on up 83 a little ways from the high school, then all the way to the top of the mountain. That is where the baseball field is as well. 

There is also a super nice baseball/softball complex up at Poplar Gap or Southern Gap depending on who you talk to, and surprise surprise, it's on top of a mountain(or reclaim) in this case too. I believe that softball has been playing up there this season, but cannot be 100% sure without a phone call or two.

2 hours ago, chipinbogey said:

There is a softball field up at Enoch's Branch, which is on up 83 a little ways from the high school, then all the way to the top of the mountain. That is where the baseball field is as well. 

There is also a super nice baseball/softball complex up at Poplar Gap or Southern Gap depending on who you talk to, and surprise surprise, it's on top of a mountain(or reclaim) in this case too. I believe that softball has been playing up there this season, but cannot be 100% sure without a phone call or two.

chipinbogey, anyway you can find out where they are playing the Region 1D tournament game at tomorrow against Rye Cove?

55 minutes ago, #BBN said:

chipinbogey, anyway you can find out where they are playing the Region 1D tournament game at tomorrow against Rye Cove?

According to my sources, the varsity has been playing at the Enoch's Branch field. Coming into Grundy on 460 West, you'll follow that into town, and pass by Walmart. At the next light, the intersection is Rt. 83. Go right to head up Slate Creek, and follow it until you pass BGH, Y, and the high school. From there it is no more than 1.5 miles to the turn off. You will see an Exxon station on your left, and the next left you can make will be Enoch's Branch with a sign for the fields. I would take my time going up the mountain from there as the road is very narrow with a lot of blind spots in curves. 

10 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Region 1D Baseball:

• Chilhowie vs. Twin Valley/Thomas Walker winner
  • Grundy vs. J. I. Burton
  • Honaker vs. Holston
  • Eastside vs. Patrick Henry

Honaker is the 2 seed and Grundy is the 1 seed. Honaker plays JI Burton and Grundy plays Holston 

SWD baseball:

Lebanon 12-0 over Richlands. 

Virginia High 24-4 over Marion. 

SWD Softball:

Richlands 6-1 over Tazewell

Lebanon 11-1 over Virginia High

Title games on Thursday. 

10 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

SWD baseball:

Lebanon 12-0 over Richlands. 

Brad Strong era over in Richlands. New era of Richlands baseball right around the corner. 

REGION 2D Baseball is set:

SW 1 - Lebanon vs. MT 4 Wise Central

MT 2 - Union vs. SW 3 Grayson County

MT1 - Battle vs. SW 4 Graham

SW 2 - VA High vs MT 3 Gate City

Satelite Home team sites for the quarterfinals with Region Semis and Championship at John Battle

2 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

Satelite Home team sites for the quarterfinals with Region Semis and Championship at John Battle

What day do they play?

1 hour ago, grandpaw trojan said:

yes union did beat battle, was not a real upset, these 2 teams played each other hard all year. they pulled moore in top of the 7th an union jumped all over the relief pitcher.

moore ran out of pitches due to pitch count. union battled and stayed close until he went out then as you said jumped on the relief and won the game/ union also had abingdon beat in the championship game but same thing happened to union. pitch count got us. our top 3 pitchers were unavaliable for the last 2 innings . union led 8-5 in bottom of 6th and pitching fell apart. union is playing its best baseball at the right time. 

18 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

First Region appearance for Graham since 1991.

All Region 2D quarterfinals (softball, baseball and soccer) are scheduled for Monday I believe.

It's not official yet as I am not sure of the SWD 3&4 seeding, but I believe the Region 2D softball quarterfinals would look something like this:

• S1 Lebanon vs. M4 Gate City
  • M2 Ridgeview vs. S3 Tazewell
  • S2 Richlands vs. M3 Union
  • M1 John Battle vs. S4 Virginia High

After further review... Union would be the 2 seed IF they beat Gate City today and Ridgeview loses to Battle.  A Union loss or Ridgeview win gives Ridgeview the 2 seed.