Giles losing kids? Transfering? Trouble?

Old Soul

16 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

I know exactly what happened...I talked to his dad the other evening...believe what you want..I'm not gonna argue about it

There isn't a need to argue it and this will be my last post in the thread. I can tell you with 100% certainty no member of the Graham coaching staff called this kids family first. To put it another way, the first inquiry about this kid playing for/interest in Graham can from Giles County, VA, not Bluefield, VA, and I know that exactly. Follow up or phone calls about his interest? Of course, Graham obliged and who wouldn't. I can tell you with that the call to the young mans father came AFTER the folks at Giles had reached out/contacted/inquired about Graham. I will leave it at that and Hokiebird7, I respect your take and dont deny or question what you were told. I'm saying the first inquiry was from Giles Co, VA, to Tazewell Co, VA, and not the other way around.

For the comments about kids transferring or being recruited or whatever you want to call it in the Bluefield area, of course it's gone on for 50+ years with Bluefield and Graham. The two are in the same city. Sure, different states but Bluefield is Bluefield and these kids grow up with each other playing at the local community center, families have families on both sides of the state line and cousins, etc. When Graham has a good run, some of the Bluefield kids will come over, and Bluefield got some from Graham in Grahams down years after Coach Carlock passed and up until a few years ago. There's a couple of kids out at the divide (Western part of Springville towards Tazewell) that have come to Graham for football and some that have gone to Tazewell over the years for Tazewells baseball. This stuff happens. I dont blame Richlands for having the kids from McDowell Co, come over. Richlands is a better school and theor football team is solid. As for Bluefield, you cant tell whether your in WV or VA unless you pay close attention to the state signs (for people not familiar with Bluefield). The shifting and transferring of players from Graham and Bluefield has and will happen for as long as they have High schools simply do to proximity.  Graham has the edge now or the momentum. Bluefield will have it or take it back in a few years. It goes in cycles.

25 minutes ago, Hokie1Pokie said:

There isn't a need to argue it and this will be my last post in the thread. I can tell you with 100% certainty no member of the Graham coaching staff called this kids family first. To put it another way, the first inquiry about this kid playing for/interest in Graham can from Giles County, VA, not Bluefield, VA, and I know that exactly. Follow up or phone calls about his interest? Of course, Graham obliged and who wouldn't. I can tell you with that the call to the young mans father came AFTER the folks at Giles had reached out/contacted/inquired about Graham. I will leave it at that and Hokiebird7, I respect your take and dont deny or question what you were told. I'm saying the first inquiry was from Giles Co, VA, to Tazewell Co, VA, and not the other way around.

For the comments about kids transferring or being recruited or whatever you want to call it in the Bluefield area, of course it's gone on for 50+ years with Bluefield and Graham. The two are in the same city. Sure, different states but Bluefield is Bluefield and these kids grow up with each other playing at the local community center, families have families on both sides of the state line and cousins, etc. When Graham has a good run, some of the Bluefield kids will come over, and Bluefield got some from Graham in Grahams down years after Coach Carlock passed and up until a few years ago. There's a couple of kids out at the divide (Western part of Springville towards Tazewell) that have come to Graham for football and some that have gone to Tazewell over the years for Tazewells baseball. This stuff happens. I dont blame Richlands for having the kids from McDowell Co, come over. Richlands is a better school and theor football team is solid. As for Bluefield, you cant tell whether your in WV or VA unless you pay close attention to the state signs (for people not familiar with Bluefield). The shifting and transferring of players from Graham and Bluefield has and will happen for as long as they have High schools simply do to proximity.  Graham has the edge now or the momentum. Bluefield will have it or take it back in a few years. It goes in cycles.

Wrong but it don't matter anymore and I'm done also

Kind of sad for the Spartan true. They have always pulled good players from Peterstown and Narrows for years. Now kids are leaving there to play elsewhere. Next thing you know they will be dropping to single A or trying to consolidate. IF.... the Big kid is gone, its a huge lose on both sides of the ball. But never count out that single wing, hard to stop and they will rise again! 

21 minutes ago, Old Soul said:

Kind of sad for the Spartan true. They have always pulled good players from Peterstown and Narrows for years. Now kids are leaving there to play elsewhere. Next thing you know they will be dropping to single A or trying to consolidate. IF.... the Big kid is gone, its a huge lose on both sides of the ball. But never count out that single wing, hard to stop and they will rise again! 

Have you ever watched him play and not just look at his size?

Great kid personally. Can be dominant on the basketball court if used correctly. On the field, I think he could also be dominant but seems to take plays off at times. But then again, most kids do! 

55 minutes ago, HaloSports2 said:

A Graham athlete at the track meet last night handed Trenton Adkins the Grahams head coaches number and said coach wants you to give him a call.  Take that for what its worth but sounds like possible recruiting to me

It's not going to surprise me if at some point that he does transfer... I learned the other day that his brother is already attending a SWD school.  If he does transfer, I will wish him the best, but for now he's still running with the Pack.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

It's not going to surprise me if at some point that he does transfer... I learned the other day that his brother is already attending a SWD school.  If he does transfer, I will wish him the best, but for now he's still running with the Pack.

Which SWD school would that be?

2 hours ago, Bluefield researcher said:

At this point in time that only rules out Graham.

🙄🙄

Richlands has the most wins in this area code in the last 15 years and played for a state title 3 years ago and played in a region championship last year. 

They may not be title contenders. But to say they aren’t in the upper echelon of the SWD?? That’s just funny.