Prayers for Abingdon

Gridiron60

Joining in sending prayers for Kirk's family, his classmates and the community.  After hearing this news yesterday and knowing his graduation was last night, my heart was so heavy.  I did not know this young man, but my heart was comforted by the statement quoted in today's BHC by his Pastor Allen Jessee.

"Our hearts are broken in learning of the passing of Kirk Nairn.  Kirk was an incredible young man who always had a smile that would light up a room and a Christian faith that was a model for all of us."

For all who Kirk was a part of their lives, there is no explaining the why of something so tragic and sudden.  This short story from a book by Linda Evans Shepherd titled "When You Can't Find God" hopefully will bring comfort to mourning hearts.

"My four-year-old son collapsed at my feet during a late night of Christmas shopping.  He wrapped his arms around one of my snow boots, looked up at me,  and said "Mom, I can't go on.  Could you drag me for a while?"

"No", I told him, "But I can carry you."  I leaned down and scooped him into my arms.  Then I held him next to my heart as I carried him to the car."

This is exactly what God did for Kirk,  and he wants to do the same for the grieving and hurting hearts Kirk left behind. "Rest your weary head on God's chest.  Let him do the heavy lifting, let him carry your burden."