Early predictions?

GloboGymCobras

44 minutes ago, GDUB said:

I watched the galax 8/9 grade team play. I’m not sure they won a game this year. Could be wrong

They tied Auburn and lost the rest.  But all of the 9th graders were all playing varsity.  The Galax MS/JV team has won something like 3 games in 5 years.  Hasn't hurt the varsity product whatsoever!

9 hours ago, sixcat said:

They tied Auburn and lost the rest.  But all of the 9th graders were all playing varsity.  The Galax MS/JV team has won something like 3 games in 5 years.  Hasn't hurt the varsity product whatsoever!

I credit Dixon alot. GREAT coach that gets %110 out of his kids. I also think if he wasnt at Galax, they might be 3rd or lower in the stronger MED. Truly shocked he hasn't moved on to next level by now. Probably best high school coach in swva.

2 hours ago, Old Soul said:

I credit Dixon alot. GREAT coach that gets %110 out of his kids. I also think if he wasnt at Galax, they might be 3rd or lower in the stronger MED. Truly shocked he hasn't moved on to next level by now. Probably best high school coach in swva.

Whoa. That's a bold claim lol. Not even saying I agree or not, but if you just mean football coaches, he is def on the short list. Overall, a guy like Robin Dotson has as much hardware as anyone. But in football, there's a short list of the very best and I can def see Dixon being near the top of any list. 

On 5/31/2019 at 7:21 PM, Old Soul said:

Dixon moving on to the next level is mostly idle chatter meant to scare others into giving him what he wants.  Like turf football fields and new weight training facilities.  Don't get me wrong, he's a great coach and gets more out of his players than any other coach I know.  But that success comes at a cost and that cost isn't just financial. 

3 hours ago, sixcat said:

Dixon moving on to the next level is mostly idle chatter meant to scare others into giving him what he wants.  Like turf football fields and new weight training facilities.  Don't get me wrong, he's a great coach and gets more out of his players than any other coach I know.  But that success comes at a cost and that cost isn't just financial. 

Off subject but doesn't Galax do a 7 on 7 summer league? If so, who participates in it. I enjoy watching those. 

4 minutes ago, Old Soul said:

Off subject but doesn't Galax do a 7 on 7 summer league? If so, who participates in it. I enjoy watching those. 

Galax has done 7 on 7 for the several years now.  Not sure where a schedule can be found.  It seems like I saw them in Felts Park a couple of years ago against Magna Vista, Martinsville and Mt. Airy.  Not sure if I have that exactly correct though.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:11 PM, Old Soul said:

Jack will help things in Carroll but not sure if they go 500. My guess is 4 and 6 at best. Have to get those underclassmen in his mold first. But it will happen as long as he stays put for awhile. 

I just read in the Roanoke Times where Carroll County just got a up coming senior from East Surry... a WR that's committed to NC state to play football

For it sure it should help them get to .500 now

On 6/12/2019 at 5:50 PM, UNION#ATW said:

I just read in the Roanoke Times where Carroll County just got a up coming senior from East Surry... a WR that's committed to NC state to play football

For it sure it should help them get to .500 

Lol.... you have to have more than one player to make a difference. Starts in the trenches. You can look at Dawson from PM last season, great power back, but if you dont have the linemen, then you dont have much. Dont get me wrong, I hope he makes a huge difference ,but it is line that makes the positional players stand out. Not sure what CC has in the trenches though.