Region D 3A Tournament

6 hours ago, BigWinners said:

Can Falcon s win the region and make a deep state run

in my opinion no. playing in a 2a conference were they win every game doesent prepare them for 3a cometition in my opinion. it would be like union playing in the cumberland and winning a lot of 1a trophys but nothing to show for it win you have to play teams your size. they go 20 and 2 but can never win in 3a. i would hate that if i was a fan or player. they are a 3a school with a trophy case full of 2a trophys

11 hours ago, The U Bear said:

in my opinion no. playing in a 2a conference were they win every game doesent prepare them for 3a cometition in my opinion. it would be like union playing in the cumberland and winning a lot of 1a trophys but nothing to show for it win you have to play teams your size. they go 20 and 2 but can never win in 3a. i would hate that if i was a fan or player. they are a 3a school with a trophy case full of 2a trophys

I bet you they at least make it to state quarters!  

They made a deep run last year, losing in the finals, and lost a 1 run game in Regional semis to the eventual State champs the year before.  Playing in a "2A conference" must not be hurting them too bad.  Baseball in this region is pretty good.

14 minutes ago, Beamerball said:

They made a deep run last year, losing in the finals, and lost a 1 run game in Regional semis to the eventual State champs the year before.  Playing in a "2A conference" must not be hurting them too bad.  Baseball in this region is pretty good.

last year is a good example. they were a very good baseball team loaded with talent and still didnt win state. this is my opinion but playing down and 10 run ruling everybody doesent prepare them for situations were games get tight. 

3 hours ago, The U Bear said:

last year is a good example. they were a very good baseball team loaded with talent and still didnt win state. this is my opinion but playing down and 10 run ruling everybody doesent prepare them for situations were games get tight. 

Neither did VHS or any SWVA 1A team, so your analogy fails. 2A baseball here is very good, they aren't playing in Cumberland 

they arent winning in 3a either after compiling 21 and 2 seasopns. win you 10 run rule all your oppenents playing smaller schools your not prepared for situations when the games get tight. this is my opinion and until they win somthing in 3a it wont change. you ask a question and i gave my opinion

1 hour ago, The U Bear said:

and vhs has won a title more recent than abingdon. when was there last state title in baseball?

Never. But they are at a massive disadvantage bc of locale. You're acting like Abingdon didn't make a state final last year, beating schools like Fluvana and Albermale.

They've shown no ill effects. Playing VHS, Battle, GC, Union, Wise, stc... is as good as playing most 3A teams

3 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Never. But they are at a massive disadvantage bc of locale. You're acting like Abingdon didn't make a state final last year, beating schools like Fluvana and Albermale.

They've shown no ill effects. Playing VHS, Battle, GC, Union, Wise, stc... is as good as playing most 3A teams

i agree baseball is good in the mtn7. ive watched every union game the last 5 years. all im saying is it dont prepare them for 3a competition. mtn7 is good but abingdon hasnt lost a game since they entered the conference but they dont advance once region starts and they play schools there size. last year they had one of the best baseball teams ive seen in our area and they dominated everybody around here but it wasnt good enough to win on the 3a level. you have your opinion but the proof is in the pudding. while mtn 7 is good its still not 3a level it dont prepare them for 3a level

43 minutes ago, The U Bear said:

i agree baseball is good in the mtn7. ive watched every union game the last 5 years. all im saying is it dont prepare them for 3a competition. mtn7 is good but abingdon hasnt lost a game since they entered the conference but they dont advance once region starts and they play schools there size. last year they had one of the best baseball teams ive seen in our area and they dominated everybody around here but it wasnt good enough to win on the 3a level. you have your opinion but the proof is in the pudding. while mtn 7 is good its still not 3a level it dont prepare them for 3a level

Abingdon is playing the schedule they have to play. Their out of conference schedule isn’t shabby, playing va high and Dobyns Bennett. This Side of 2A is much more competitive than other sides of the state. Abingdon isn’t going away either, they will be able to compete for a while. They have had 6 Division 1 players in the last 3 years. They have depth and a couple future D1 notoriety players on the way. 

They may not win it all this year, but I can assure they will be competing in the coming years. I know Union played them well in their last game, but from the young lineup that they play, Abingdon is stout. Most fundamental team in SWVA. When you get up the road in baseball, it normally comes down to pitching matchups. This is where Abingdon doesn’t have the depth to shut down some other opponents in 3A this year. 

15 minutes ago, FoxTrot said:

Abingdon is playing the schedule they have to play. Their out of conference schedule isn’t shabby, playing va high and Dobyns Bennett. This Side of 2A is much more competitive than other sides of the state. Abingdon isn’t going away either, they will be able to compete for a while. They have had 6 Division 1 players in the last 3 years. They have depth and a couple future D1 notoriety players on the way. 

They may not win it all this year, but I can assure they will be competing in the coming years. I know Union played them well in their last game, but from the young lineup that they play, Abingdon is stout. Most fundamental team in SWVA. When you get up the road in baseball, it normally comes down to pitching matchups. This is where Abingdon doesn’t have the depth to shut down some other opponents in 3A this year. 

if barrs is healthy they can win with him. the inning he threw against datecity was impressive. but your right they dont have the pitching to get em by this year

SCORE UPDATES  5-27-2019

Timesland @Timesland

REGION C BASEBALL: Final score, Glenvar 3, Floyd County 1.#timesland

Tim Hayes Retweeted
 Virginian Sports @VirginianSports
Region C Softball 1st Round: George Wythe 23, Covington 1. Final.

Tim Hayes Retweeted
 RRHS Athletics @RR_IndianNation
Softball final Region C qtrfinals RR 6 Craig County 5 (8 innings)

Tim Hayes Retweeted
 Virginian Sports @VirginianSports
Region C Baseball Quarterfinal: George Wythe 3, Covington 2. Final

great state

BlueTornadoLive @BlueTornadoLive

HOME. RUN. ALERT. Stevenson hits her first dinger of the season and it’s OVER THE BASEBALL FENCE!!!!! Blues take a 3-0 lead.

BlueTornadoLive @BlueTornadoLive
After 2 innings: Richlands 3 Ridgeview 0  SOFTBALL

Kevin Mays @kevmays

#Softball Union scores 5 unearned runs in the bottom of the 4th to take a 6-1 lead over Tazewell in the Region 2D quarterfinals @tnsportslive

Kevin Mays Retweeted
 Tanner Cook  📰 @tcookjcpress
  SOFTBALL:  B5: Haley Finney jacks one to deep right for a two-run home run. No more runs that inning, though. After 5, Lebanon 6, Gate City 0.

great state

Tim Hayes @Hayes_BHCSports

#VHSL Baseball, Region 2D Tournament, First Round, End 4: John Battle 10, Graham 2. The Trojans have scored all 10 of their runs with two outs.

Bearcat Baseball @vhsbearcats
Gate City 1 (Batting: #12 D’Andre Mack) Virginia 4 (Pitching: #13 Nolan Hoss) Top of 3rd, 0 Out, No one on #vhsl #swd

Union Bears Baseball @UnionBaseball
Three complete Union 4 Grayson 1

great state

Galax Gazette Sports @GazetteSports24

Region 1C baseball: Galax 17, Craig County 6 (F)

Leb News @lebnewsports
Region 2D Baseball Wise Central 4, Lebanon 3, after 5.

great state

Tim Hayes Retweeted

Tanner Cook  📰 @tcookjcpress
 SOFTBALL FINAL: Lebanon 8, Gate City 0. GC gets three hits that inning all with two outs, but Salyers gets caught in a run down between third and home to end the game. Morrison retired 14 of the final 16 batters she faced. Lebanon advances to play Wednesday. @tnsportslive

Gate City Retweeted
 Gate City Blue Devil Baseball @GateCity_BSBL
3 innings in the book, score is still Blue Devils 1 Bearcats 4

Kevin Mays Retweeted
 Brian S. Owens @swvatribefan
SOFTBALL: Katlynn Baldwin with a RBI single in the 3rd. End of 3, it's @BlueTornadoLive 4, Lady Wolfpack 0

great state