Richlands Quarterback Position

Tru Blue 72

Does anyone know who will be vying for QB for the Blues?  Rumors have it that someone who hasn't played football beyond eight grade is coming out for the position?  What about the kid that has been in training on the JV squad, did he transfer or move away, or is all this just a bad rumor?

5 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

Does anyone know who will be vying for QB for the Blues?  Rumors have it that someone who hasn't played football beyond eight grade is coming out for the position?  What about the kid that has been in training on the JV squad, did he transfer or move away, or is all this just a bad rumor?

It’s still an open competition from what I’ve heard. Cox was the JV QB. But apparently Cade Simmons is coming back out and trying to get the job. 

Haven't heard anything more than that. We’ll see how each looks during 7-on-7’s. 

I realize we're hungry for action on the field, and I'm sure Mance will have it all worked out by the fall.  For one, I didn't know if Cox had left the program, or if all this was a rumor.  I have the upmost confidence in the coaching staff having Cox and Simmons ready to play and a little competition never hurt anyone, just makes for a good situation for the team.  Two capable QB's on the team will be good for all involved, in my opinion.

I watched Cox when Richlands JV played at Marion.  I couldn't believe the kid was a just a freshman.  He wasn't extremely accurate that game, but the young man has huge upside.  He has the prototypical QB build (6'4, 200-ish), strong arm and plays with a confidence and maturity beyond his years.

On 5/31/2019 at 7:44 PM, Ryan4VT said:

It’s still an open competition from what I’ve heard. Cox was the JV QB. But apparently Cade Simmons is coming back out and trying to get the job. 

Haven't heard anything more than that. We’ll see how each looks during 7-on-7’s. 

Thanks Ryan for clearing that up,  I know that Cox has good height and arm strength, and Simmons was a good baseball player at one time.  This could be really interesting especially with Mance who seems to always have a great talent for developing the QB.

7 hours ago, Blue 72 said:

Thanks Ryan for clearing that up,  I know that Cox has good height and arm strength, and Simmons was a good baseball player at one time.  This could be really interesting especially with Mance who seems to always have a great talent for developing the QB.

Could end up seeing both. 

Cox has the better arm, Simmons has the better feet. 

Just depends on what we do on offense with an unproven WR corps outside of Webb. 

1 hour ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

I hope we have a good running game this year also.been forever since we had a good back

Logan Steele is going to be a player at RB. He’s bulked up quite a bit over the offseason. He was tough as nails last year, just small. Big Oline to run behind, too. Could see a return to a more ground based Richlands attack. 

What time is the 7 on 7 tomar...whos gonna be there...and if anybody on here plans on going record a drive or 2 from both qbs..or go live on Facebook just let me know who's page to check out if ya do go live...im in Ohio working so y'all are my only hope to get to see a lil of it

17 hours ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

What time is the 7 on 7 tomar...whos gonna be there...and if anybody on here plans on going record a drive or 2 from both qbs..or go live on Facebook just let me know who's page to check out if ya do go live...im in Ohio working so y'all are my only hope to get to see a lil of it

I’m at the beach, or else’s I would. 

On 6/12/2019 at 11:52 AM, 1inStripes said:

Do you stay on vacation?  Become a teacher or something?

Nope. Just used a weeks worth this week and used one vacation day and the Memorial Day holiday to go to Disney a few weeks ago. 

• 2 weeks later...

3 hours ago, #1BLUESFAN said:

When and where is the next 7 on 7 the Blues will be in...

Somewhere up near Harrisonburg tomorrow I think. Could be wrong on that. May be Thursday.