2019 VHSL SOFTBALL State Tournament

4 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

I didnt catch that at first but apparently the throw went between Estes legs. I was assuming it was on the play at the plate originally but apparently not.

Coaches...with Estes back, they moved the girl who has been catching for the last month to CF and 3B to catcher. Looks like that had cost them... but if they can’t hit it won’t matter. 

4 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

I didnt catch that at first but apparently the throw went between Estes legs. I was assuming it was on the play at the plate originally but apparently not.

6 minutes ago, #BBN said:

haha just kidding, gotta do what you gotta do mess up a pitchers rhythm, and try to get runners in scoring position to complete the #1 goal of the season.......

The girl who bunted does it all the time. She’s fast obviously. Did it against us multiple times. When the Richlands pitcher shut out Page, knew they had a real shot. Madison has struggled at the plate without Johnson (acl). It’ll probably be Richlands, Page and Madison again next year! 

5 minutes ago, #BBN said:

haha just kidding, gotta do what you gotta do mess up a pitchers rhythm, and try to get runners in scoring position to complete the #1 goal of the season.......

Agreed!!  Regular season game would be Bush League.  State Championship against a dominate pitcher, you have to do whatever it takes to bring home the prize!

26 minutes ago, Bearcat Bob said:

She scored on the throw back to the pitcher, not the passed ball? That’s odd. 

22 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

When I first heard it, I was thinking Texas/Toronto ALDS Game 5 a few years ago all over again... Lol.

Kevin Mays Retweeted

Brady Hess @JBHess66

#VHSL Class 2 Championship, FINAL: Richlands 1, Madison County 0.

Mac Osborne fans 16 for Richlands as the Blue Tornado clinches its third state championship in program history. Lauren Earls w/a double & a run scored for the Blues, who finish 23-5. Madison County finishes 24-3.

great state

1 minute ago, RichlandsAlum said:

My kids' school (Liberty-Bedford) also won the 3A softball title in Salem this morning.  Good day all around in the Alum household!

Benjamin Cates @bencates8

Liberty softball gives @MinutemenPride its fourth state championship in school history, first in softball. The Minettes earned a 4-1 victory over Turner Ashby for the Class 3 crown #LNApreps

WOW!!! Congrats Lady Blues!!!

My internet went off in the bottom of the 6th.  Had to get in my car and drive out the road to hear the broadcast on 540AM.  By that time it was the bottom of 7th with 2 outs.  Got to hear the final out!!!

Also, how awesome that the Blues won the state championship on  Zac's birthday and he was there to see this.  Special special day for the Blues, their hard work, one of the best coaching staffs in the state.  They would not be denied today.