Jim Adams

GloboGymCobras

Lot of politics going on here. It led to running Williams out of town in basketball will it in football too?

JIB better pray that Fischer takes the basketball job if not that coupled with this move would have your two main programs going from regional contenders to also rans. 

they done stan wilson the same way. so disrespectful. as long as hes been there and what hes done for the program he earned the right to go out on his terms unless its disciplanary reasons. ever who made that decision should be ashamed. i heard he had workouts monday and none of his assistants showed up so they must have already knew and thats really messed up. i would hope none of those guys get the job. that shows no loyalty

“I was informed by the superintendent today that a decision was made by the leadership team, which is the superintendent and the school administration at (Burton and Norton Primary/Middle School) that they are recommending that my football coaching contract would not be renewed,” a subdued Adams said. “She said they wanted to go in a different direction, whatever that means.”

Now I'm not completely sure but, There's really only one direction that program could go.  DOWN!

As a former player and alumni of JIB who played for Coach Adams when her was getting into coaching back in the mid 80's.  it's really a sad day when this happens.  The man has built this program into a juggernaut.  It's been said numerous times, Politics and sports never mix well and the ones who will suffer most usually have no say.

17 hours ago, Burrell’s Pearls said:

Lot of politics going on here. It led to running Williams out of town in basketball will it in football too?

JIB better pray that Fischer takes the basketball job if not that coupled with this move would have your two main programs going from regional contenders to also rans. 

How many years was Burton a regional contender under Williams besides the most recent one? I don't recall him being that successful at Burton, at least not close to the level it was under Stan Wilson. 

I think the Adams move is more related to health concerns over "politics". 

My understanding is Adams had a majority school board vote for years. He got whatever he wanted all he had to do was call whoever chairman of school board was at time and could run off whoever he wanted superintendents, principals, basketball coaches etc. He has had this power and this past November a new board who ran on a platform for change was elected. Looks like the change is starting. 

Honest question to the group? For a couple of years I've heard JIB was going to be closing, If not that's fine...But I can see them talking to the Eastside coach maybe wanting the job? 

1 hour ago, UNION#ATW said:

Honest question to the group? For a couple of years I've heard JIB was going to be closing, If not that's fine...But I can see them talking to the Eastside coach maybe wanting the job? 

Given that Norton City has its own independent school system, and that it would take a majority vote from its school board to consolidate, it would not appear likely to an outsider that it would be closing.

13 hours ago, The U Bear said:

jimbo and his legal team say not so fast my friend

My dad always told us when we were growing up, the hardest thing to learn in life is that when someone quits loving you, is for you to quit loving them! I know Jumbo still loves Norton, but evidently the school board doesn't love him back. Move on and live your life!

1 hour ago, Ryan4VT said:

That school board meeting tonight will be appointment viewing. IF the stories that are out there are true, will be interesting to watch the town divide. 

The way I hear it things may get nasty before its all said and done. 

9 hours ago, The U Bear said:

board votes 5 0 to reinstate jimbo as head football coach

Great but do you really want to be somewhere you are not wanted?  What was the reason to start with?

2 hours ago, Bigtom said:

Great but do you really want to be somewhere you are not wanted?  What was the reason to start with?

According to the Times story the Burton HS/Middle School Admins (Leadership commity) recommended to the SchoolBoard that he not be reinstated as football coach....the School Board did not agree and extended his contract.

I will say that I wonder if there is a hidden reason for this i remember Adams getting in hot water a year or 2 ago in an indecent that cost or almost cost him his coaching position in (Baseball?) but cant remember will see if I can find the old articals

https://www.timesnews.net/Baseball/2018/04/11/J-I-Burton-s-Adams-suspended.html

2 hours ago, Bigtom said:

According to the Times story the Burton HS/Middle School Admins (Leadership commity) recommended to the SchoolBoard that he not be reinstated as football coach....the School Board did not agree and extended his contract.

I will say that I wonder if there is a hidden reason for this i remember Adams getting in hot water a year or 2 ago in an indecent that cost or almost cost him his coaching position in (Baseball?) but cant remember will see if I can find the old articals