Jim Adams

GloboGymCobras

If I was a high school teacher I wouldn’t even speak to a female student unless it was 1. Specifically about academics or 2. There was 50 witnesses around. Too much liability. This #metoo shit’s done got out of hand. 

52 minutes ago, Grapeape said:

If I was a high school teacher I wouldn’t even speak to a female student unless it was 1. Specifically about academics or 2. There was 50 witnesses around. Too much liability. This #metoo shit’s done got out of hand. 

Big sigh of relief that you are not in the education system...

17 minutes ago, swvafbrespect said:

Guys Jimbo doesn't strike me as this type of a guy. But 3,200 signatures? and he was moved to the elementary/middle school. Doesn't sound good for his health.

I don't think he is that type of guy either... he's definitely not the most well mannered coach in SWVA, but not to this level I believe.

44 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

I don't think he is that type of guy either... he's definitely not the most well mannered coach in SWVA, but not to this level I believe.

I have no clue but will say the 3,200 signatures do not move me at all if they were internet based and represent people that know nothing of this particular situation but are defiantly against sexual harassment in general.

To me it seems strange that the original story was that Jimbo would not be recommended to remain head football coach as the Admins wanted to "go in a different direction" with the #MeToo moment not forming until it became clear that he had alot of public support to stay in his spot.

That being said if there is a pattern of reported events then you have to wonder why nothing has been done up to this point.

I really do not look for this to be the end of this situation (IMHO the School board is getting sued by someone before this is over)

Guys, if he was saying sexual stuff to high school girls, he deserves to be fired. End of story. 

This isn't about #MeToo or anything else, it's about protecting young girls from being sexually harassed or objectified by a teacher or someone in authority. 

It's not appropriate and it's not okay. If he didnt, then he has every right to defend himself. But the number one concern shouldn't be his job or status as a football coach, it should be keeping creeps or worse out of schools and away from young people. 

27 minutes ago, Counts said:

I have no clue but will say the 3,200 signatures do not move me at all if they were internet based and represent people that know nothing of this particular situation but are defiantly against sexual harassment in general.

To me it seems strange that the original story was that Jimbo would not be recommended to remain head football coach as the Admins wanted to "go in a different direction" with the #MeToo moment not forming until it became clear that he had alot of public support to stay in his spot.

That being said if there is a pattern of reported events then you have to wonder why nothing has been done up to this point.

I really do not look for this to be the end of this situation (IMHO the School board is getting sued by someone before this is over)

But that's not what the story says, it says the reports of suggestive and inappropriate comments began as early as 2016.

my question is if this happened in the class room then why not fire him as a teacher? why go after his coaching job when that had nothing to do with it? it was investigated and unfounded so it should be over with. i think this is just the people that want jimbo out and will do or say anything to get him out. innocent til proven guilty and he was found innocent

49 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Guys, if he was saying sexual stuff to high school girls, he deserves to be fired. End of story. 

This isn't about #MeToo or anything else, it's about protecting young girls from being sexually harassed or objectified by a teacher or someone in authority. 

It's not appropriate and it's not okay. If he didnt, then he has every right to defend himself. But the number one concern shouldn't be his job or status as a football coach, it should be keeping creeps or worse out of schools and away from young people. 

How about we not presuppose the man is guilty, especially in light of the fact that he was investigated by multiple agencies & found not guilty? No one is pro-sexual harassment but a three year old settled complaint is an altogether different animal. 

43 minutes ago, Grapeape said:

How about we not presuppose the man is guilty, especially in light of the fact that he was investigated by multiple agencies & found not guilty? No one is pro-sexual harassment but a three year old settled complaint is an altogether different animal. 

On Thursday, Slemp said the comments, stapler-throwing and alleged hitting of the student were all inappropriate. Given the student’s testimony on the stapler incident and the length of time that had passed between the alleged hitting and its reporting, Slemp said neither incident could have been prosecuted,

“We do not set policy for schools or school districts,” Slemp said. “When something is brought to us, we examine it to see if a victim has been harmed in a way that is criminal in nature. We recognize that this conduct is clearly something that the school board or administration should address. However, inappropriate action does not always rise to the level of criminal activity.”

Copied word for word from the article. The criminal investigation found his behavior “inappropriate” but not rising to the level of a crime. Not exactly “not guilty” and certainly not the behavior that should ever be allowed in our public school system!

1 hour ago, The U Bear said:

my question is if this happened in the class room then why not fire him as a teacher?

Not speaking directly about this situation, but when it comes to tenured teachers......its not easy to fire them generally. 

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

On Thursday, Slemp said the comments, stapler-throwing and alleged hitting of the student were all inappropriate. Given the student’s testimony on the stapler incident and the length of time that had passed between the alleged hitting and its reporting, Slemp said neither incident could have been prosecuted,

“We do not set policy for schools or school districts,” Slemp said. “When something is brought to us, we examine it to see if a victim has been harmed in a way that is criminal in nature. We recognize that this conduct is clearly something that the school board or administration should address. However, inappropriate action does not always rise to the level of criminal activity.”

Copied word for word from the article. The criminal investigation found his behavior “inappropriate” but not rising to the level of a crime. Not exactly “not guilty” and certainly not the behavior that should ever be allowed in our public school system!

I wasn’t aware of those incidents. Brings up a separate set of questions. I’ll save board space for folks that know more about it. 

5 hours ago, Grapeape said:

A-Not true, no one found him 'not guilty'. He was never charged with a crime.

b-That's why I said if he made sexually suggestive comments towards high school kids, I did not say he for sure made those type of remarks.

But the fact of the matter is that apparently it was not one settled three year old complaint, it was multiple complaints over a short period of time. I won't presume his guilt (or innocence), but one incident can usually be chalked up to a misunderstanding or something else. But multiple complaints is a pattern.

4 hours ago, 1inStripes said:

Not speaking directly about this situation, but when it comes to tenured teachers......its not easy to fire them generally. 

In the current environment, I would believe that sexual harassment is an offense that leads to being fired. Maybe not just one complaint with no witnesses or corroborating evidence, but once other people make similar complaints, I'd say a school would be inclined to let a teacher go.

On 6/14/2019 at 4:55 PM, The U Bear said:

my question is if this happened in the class room then why not fire him as a teacher? why go after his coaching job when that had nothing to do with it? it was investigated and unfounded so it should be over with. i think this is just the people that want jimbo out and will do or say anything to get him out. innocent til proven guilty and he was found innocent

Morality clauses. Do something involving moral turpitude then that can be grounds for dismissal or non renewal. Even if it happened away from your job duties. 

I don’t know whether or not the allegations are true. I do know that there are people who want it to be true. There are also people who don’t want it to be true. 

If there has been a pattern of complaints then that should be grounds for a formal investigation done by proper authorities. 

You have to look at why the complaints are being made. Are people making a sincere complaint? Are they just embellishing on details from gossip? Is there malice involved? Is there a pattern? How many eyewitnesses?

How are these complaints handled if other teachers, coaches, and staff are the subjects of them?

If they are just shrugging off the complaints then that is not okay. 

On 6/14/2019 at 4:55 PM, The U Bear said:

My guess is they were trying to dodge the issue of firing him as a teacher, hoping that if he wasnt HC then he would just retire and the issue would be taken care of.

On 6/14/2019 at 5:32 PM, Grapeape said:

He wasn't found not guilty. It was decided that there wasn't enough there to press charges or that he hadn't committed a crime. Im not saying he is or isn't guilty but creepy behavior isn't illegal, making inappropriate remarks isn't illegal. Its a matter for the school board to handle, not the legal system. 

Its concerning to me, and other males that i've talked to, that a man can lose his job based on accusations.  One of the reasons that although i'm in the education field I'm glad that I'm not teaching in the public school system.

Its a bad situation all around for Norton 

On 6/14/2019 at 11:28 PM, BigWinners said:

In the current environment, I would believe that sexual harassment is an offense that leads to being fired. Maybe not just one complaint with no witnesses or corroborating evidence, but once other people make similar complaints, I'd say a school would be inclined to let a teacher go.

The allegation itself isn't.  A tenured teacher has to have substantial proof of issues before they can be fired without legal ramifications.  There was a case in North Carolina a few years back where a tenured teacher took a leave of absence while fighting felony drug charges.  The school district fired said teacher during this absence.  The teacher took it to the Supreme Court and won because they had not been convicted yet, and the leave of absence request had not been denied by the school system.

The whole "ME TO MOVEMENT" has had a negative impact on real reports of rape , sexual harassment , and the sexual battery charges across the country. The false allegations have put a bad light on the young women who have come forward to report these assaults. I dont know JIMBO , but these allegations need to be looked at by a agency like the STATE POLICE. That way both parties involved get a impartial finding.

3 hours ago, jarhead24219 said:

The whole "ME TO MOVEMENT" has had a negative impact on real reports of rape , sexual harassment , and the sexual battery charges across the country. The false allegations have put a bad light on the young women who have come forward to report these assaults. I dont know JIMBO , but these allegations need to be looked at by a agency like the STATE POLICE. That way both parties involved get a impartial finding.

Effects

• 88.7% of rape victims are women
  • on average 68% of sexual assaults go unreported
  • 98% of rapists will not spend time in jail
  • Juveniles accounted for 16% of forcible rape arrestees in 1995 and 17% of those arrested for other sex offenses
  • 1 in 4 women will face sexual abuse in their lifetime

Since 89% of victims of sexual abuse are female and factoring in the above information, what would you expect?  This is how any "movement" begins.....to bring attention to glaring disparities in the way humans are being treated!  #MeToo is not perfect but it's a start and it's not going away.

1 minute ago, sixcat said:

Effects

• 88.7% of rape victims are women
  • on average 68% of sexual assaults go unreported
  • 98% of rapists will not spend time in jail
  • Juveniles accounted for 16% of forcible rape arrestees in 1995 and 17% of those arrested for other sex offenses
  • 1 in 4 women will face sexual abuse in their lifetime

Since 89% of victims of sexual abuse are female and factoring in the above information, what would you expect?  This is how any "movement" begins.....to bring attention to glaring disparities in the way humans are being treated!  #MeToo is not perfect but it's a start and it's not going away.

You took this whole thing wrong, I agree ,but my point was this "with the false reports comes women who will now not report a crime, the KAVANAUGH hearings were a good example of that, kinda like crying wolf all the time.I would rather let 100 guilty people go than to lock up one innocent person. The ones who may have looked into this , may have been too close to be objective

1 minute ago, jarhead24219 said:

You took this whole thing wrong, I agree ,but my point was this "with the false reports comes women who will now not report a crime, the KAVANAUGH hearings were a good example of that, kinda like crying wolf all the time.I would rather let 100 guilty people go than to lock up one innocent person. The ones who may have looked into this , may have been too close to be objective

You can't lump political garbage in with real life.  Nothing that happens in today's political landscape is based in reality!  It's designed to divide the country along political lines.  Our country isn't built on the traditional two-party political system everyone knows (republican / democrat).  It's built on the two-party system of divide and conquer!